4th of July - What's On The Menu? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

4th of July - What's On The Menu?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:16 pm

barbequed steaks, corn and strawberry shortcake for grub...then we will sit on the deck, drink beers and watch everyone else that spent hundreds of dollars on fireworks light them off. no way that im buying any :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:25 pm

smoke a brisket, a couple of beer can chickens, some beans, and my wife's potatoe (spelled this way in the spirt of Bush senior's VP) salad.

Of course BEER BEER BEER!!!!!!!
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:29 pm

mmmmmmm beer..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:39 pm

One of my most favorite holidays and we always go to something called the Blow Shit Up Festival, it's just at my mom's boyfriends, he lives in a circle. It's a whole neighborhood thing, they get hunderds of ears of sweet corn. $500 worth of fireworks, a parade which included floats and a Orange Country Chopper (my mom's boyfriends). Then we'll shoot of the cannon, they made it themselves, poured the iron or whatever. Was meant to be able to shoot golf balls, but the barrell ended up to small. All the fireworks are illegal, only legal ones are the ones that don't fly in the air, like snakes and sparklers, and those fireworks ain't the only illegal thing! ;-) ;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:54 pm

I'm going to Disney World for the 4th of July. So I'll be chillin' with Mickey and the gang, you losers!

...eh.

A few days later I'll be cruisin' to the Bahamas and gettin' drunk with dancer-chicks. ;-D

Since I'm not cool enough to hang with Mickey every year, I usually check out the fireworks with a few friends at Couer d'Alene Lake, off the resort... then a party or something.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:30 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:One of my most favorite holidays and we always go to something called the Blow Shit Up Festival, it's just at my mom's boyfriends, he lives in a circle. It's a whole neighborhood thing, they get hunderds of ears of sweet corn. $500 worth of fireworks, a parade which included floats and a Orange Country Chopper (my mom's boyfriends). Then we'll shoot of the cannon, they made it themselves, poured the iron or whatever. Was meant to be able to shoot golf balls, but the barrell ended up to small. All the fireworks are illegal, only legal ones are the ones that don't fly in the air, like snakes and sparklers, and those fireworks ain't the only illegal thing! ;-) ;-D

Blowin' crap up, a chopper, sweet corn and a cannon?
What could be more American !?!
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
;-D
5 ***** stars!
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:03 am

How do you slow cook the hamburgers? I was under the impression that you need to cook them fast so they get a good sear on the outside and not get overcooked in the inside.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:54 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:And for all my Canadian brothers:

Happy Canada Day

Amen :-]

My girlfriend's dragging me down to the Detroit Riverfront to watch the fireworks this year :-o Eminem's supposedly rapping on the rooftop of some private party orsomething in Detroit. Just a random fact ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:12 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:How do you slow cook the hamburgers? I was under the impression that you need to cook them fast so they get a good sear on the outside and not get overcooked in the inside.

No. No. No. You sear a pot roast.
The biggest mistake people make, IMO, when cooking dogs and burgers is having the fire too hot. And cooking too fast.
Spread the coals out and let thing cool off for a good 5 or 10 minutes before you even think about putting burgers on.
And baste often - even if it's only apple cider vinegar or worchestershire.
Let the burgers soak up all the smoke they can.
Sloooooow's the ticket.
That's my 2 cents, anyway.
~Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:53 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:How do you slow cook the hamburgers? I was under the impression that you need to cook them fast so they get a good sear on the outside and not get overcooked in the inside.

No. No. No. You sear a pot roast.
The biggest mistake people make, IMO, when cooking dogs and burgers is having the fire too hot. And cooking too fast.
Spread the coals out and let thing cool off for a good 5 or 10 minutes before you even think about putting burgers on.
And baste often - even if it's only apple cider vinegar or worchestershire.
Let the burgers soak up all the smoke they can.
Sloooooow's the ticket.
That's my 2 cents, anyway.
~Wease

i agree, i always slow cook everything. its the only way to cook all the way through without burning. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk