4th of July - What's On The Menu? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

4th of July - What's On The Menu?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:13 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:It must be a charcoal grill - with hickory and apple wood chips soaked overnight. (Only Yankees and the deluded Texas propane salesman Hank Hill use gas!).

Grill fare is simple. None of that "kabob" or vegetable business.
Bun length dogs and jumbo thick hamburger patties (1/2 ground beef-1/2 ground chuck) slow cooked and basted in the Wease's "secret basting sauce".

On the plate?
Baked beans topped with bacon, sweet slaw, vinegar slaw, deviled eggs, homemade pickles, maccaroni salad, Golden Flake potato chips, sweet tea and for dessert ... peach cobbler.

Followed by coffee. Sparklers for the kids.

That's Da Wease's 4th!

Not to rip anyone's cooking, cuz it's aaalllll goooood if you know what I mean, but why all the special treatment? I mean, it's hamburgers and hot dogs, not much is gonna change that. If you put all that effort into the fuel, you may as well make the vehicle something special! I myself like stuffed pork chops (almond-cranberry stuffing), largely diced potatoes topped with cheese, bacon bits (real of course), chives and sour cream, chicken breasts topped with cracked peppercorns and monterey jack cheese, and although not made on the grill, fresh made pico de gallo and homemade tortilla chips. Now that's eating! For those with a less sophisticated palate there is always italian sausage (I'm from Chicago, whaddaya want?) and hot dogs, but the burgers need to be pre-mixed with cheese, onions, peppers and garlic before the cooking. Basically just put one small patty on the bottom, put in the stuffing, and put a small patty on top, squeezing the edges together.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:11 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Not to rip anyone's cooking ... but why all the special treatment? I mean, it's hamburgers and hot dogs ... I myself like stuffed pork chops (almond-cranberry stuffing), largely diced potatoes topped with cheese, bacon bits (real of course), chives and sour cream, chicken breasts topped with cracked peppercorns and monterey jack cheese ... fresh made pico de gallo and homemade tortilla chips.

ScreamingWeasel wrote:Blowin' crap up, a chopper, sweet corn and a cannon?
What could be more American !?!
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
;-D

Pico de gallo?
Almond-cranberry stuffing?

Dude. Are you?
French? :-)
Not that there's anything wrong with that ...
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:56 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Not to rip anyone's cooking ... but why all the special treatment? I mean, it's hamburgers and hot dogs ... I myself like stuffed pork chops (almond-cranberry stuffing), largely diced potatoes topped with cheese, bacon bits (real of course), chives and sour cream, chicken breasts topped with cracked peppercorns and monterey jack cheese ... fresh made pico de gallo and homemade tortilla chips.

;-D

Pico de gallo?

Dude. Are you?

isnt pico de gallo spanish? :-?
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:10 pm

defianthart wrote:
ScreamingWeasel wrote:

;-D

Pico de gallo?

Dude. Are you?

isnt pico de gallo spanish? :-?

It's like salsa so I consider it Mexican ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:15 pm

J2thez929 wrote:It's like salsa so I consider it Mexican ;-D

oh i thought there was some subtle differences between mexican pico de gallo and spanish pico de gallo, like lemon juice instead of lime. spanish or mexican, its not french
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:44 am

Call it what you will, I call it tasty! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:38 pm

So far, I like the burgers with onion, peppers, cheese, and garlic worked into the meat. I'm going with peppercorns ... yum yum I can't wait. A couple of sweet pickle slices on those things should be nuclear ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk