Best WR/Kick Returner threats in the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best WR/Kick Returner threats in the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:28 pm

Watch the NO situation. If M. Lewis is released, watch out for Az-Hakim. If not old man Lewis can still do it.

He is just 2 years removed from that stellar season. I may sound biased but I am just informing you on what I know best.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:51 pm

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:eddie drumond is one of the best when healthy

Eddie will never actually play WR though.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby EthnicFury » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:22 am

Pastretta wrote:Both rookies last season, BJ Sams(RB-Bal) and Wesley Welker(WR-MIA) showed potential.

Sams is definitely one to keep an eye on
If somebody hits you with an object you should beat the hell out of them.-Charles Barkley
EthnicFury
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

Postby GMoney » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:41 am

I think the original poster here was actually looking for guys who may be undervalued as WRs/RBs because they are gonna get 'extra' yards on any given game for kick return stuff.

Guys like BJ sams, and Bernard Berrian, etc are never gonna start on a fantasy squad, despite the fact they may be very good NFL return men.

So the obvious guys who are gonna get an increase in points from KR are: Daunte Hall, Steve Smith, Sanatana Moss

Bethel Johnson might just get enough combined yards to be worth a consideration.

Another guy to keep an eye on is Arnaz Battle. Should be the #2 or #3 (depending on what jonnie Morton and Brandon Lloyd do) in SF and could very well be returning kicks as well. Derrick Hamilton was meant to have that job but tore his ACL. The niners really dont have ANY other speed guys.

If your league does IDP Pac-Man jones could get you a few offensive bonus points out of a low scoring position....
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:25 am

GMoney wrote:I think the original poster here was actually looking for guys who may be undervalued as WRs/RBs because they are gonna get 'extra' yards on any given game for kick return stuff.

Guys like BJ sams, and Bernard Berrian, etc are never gonna start on a fantasy squad, despite the fact they may be very good NFL return men.

So the obvious guys who are gonna get an increase in points from KR are: Daunte Hall, Steve Smith, Sanatana Moss

yes, you have interpretted my post correctly, and I much appreciate your help. Those are three guys that I will definitely keep an eye on.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:36 am

if you do idp, terrence mcgee is by far the #1 db with these settings. he'll rack up enough points on defense to be between #10 and #15 db, and then the return yards (2100 of them last year), would put him by far and away the #1 db.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:04 pm

With a scoring system like this, Dante Hall is a top 10 WR in the league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:05 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:With a scoring system like this, Dante Hall is a top 10 WR in the league.

Yahtzee. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MadScott » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:11 pm

TTTBone wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:With a scoring system like this, Dante Hall is a top 10 WR in the league.

Yahtzee. ;-D

Exactly!

Gmoney, those three guys you listed are gold as well.

If you are looking rookie, rumor is Troy Williamson of Minn. is back on kickoffs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk