weirdest sports injuries ever - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

weirdest sports injuries ever

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:38 pm

The one about Griese and his dog shouldn't even make this list. Anyone who owns a dog has had this happen to them at some point, so it's not that unusual. But I did notice that on that short list there were two former Cubs in Sosa and Hill, and a third mentioned in the thread in Mulholland. Is there a trend here??? :-o
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:48 pm

Chicago players are more likely to have freak accidents?
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:01 pm

Manja wrote:Chicago players are more likely to have freak accidents?

It's the curse! :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it was clint barmes, the rookie for the rockies who was having an unbelievable year, who broke his collar bone carrying groceries up to his apartment, ruining his season, sidlining him for a few months. I'm not positive it was barmes, so if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. :-b
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:43 pm

It was Barmes.

Just 1 or two days ago, Doug Mientkiewicz, 1B for the Mets, tore his hamstring while warming up in the on deck circle,a nd now he's on teh 15 day DL. :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:12 pm

Man dies after being struck in head by shot put

Thursday, June 23, 2005

(06-23) 10:16 PDT Carson, Calif. (AP) --

A man struck in the head by a shot put during practice for the U.S. track and field championships on Wednesday has died.

USA Track and Field, the sport's governing body, released a brief statement Thursday saying it "is profoundly saddened by the tragic shot put accident that took the life of Paul Suzuki on Wednesday."

The accident occurred about 4:15 p.m. at the Home Depot Center, where the national championships are scheduled Thursday through Sunday.

A doctor on site rushed to the Suzuki's aid, as did athletic trainers. Emergency medical technicians from the fire department arrived a few minutes later and rushed the victim to a hospital, where he died a short time later.

The Los Angeles Times said Suzuki, 77, of Los Angeles, was a former landscape maintenance worker who had officiated at local track meets for decades.

"He did this for fun," his daughter Sheila Suzuki Hubbard told the newspaper. "He retired a long time ago."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 639D45.DTL

Sad sports related story. You wonder how it doesn't happen more.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:30 am

I remember seeing one where a judge was hit by a javelin. he was supposed to watch and mark where it landed. lol,it landed in his shoulder.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:42 pm

Pete123444 wrote:I remember seeing one where a judge was hit by a javelin. he was supposed to watch and mark where it landed. lol,it landed in his shoulder.

Dangit, I had that and a bunch of other funny sports things on tape, and I lost it when my mom taped over it for soap operas. :-P

Too bad for the shot put dude...between that and the lady getting drilled by that guy when he was sprinting, track and field hasn't had a very good few weeks. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk