Help with Names - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help with Names

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:29 pm

daullaz wrote:If it's a group of strangers, use colors for the conference name, like Red and Blue. Have the division names be words that when paired with the conference color make a common phrase. Red conference could have the Bull and Rover divisions, and Blue conference could have the Ball and Moon divisions.

i think that's a pretty cool idea. Would be fun at least coming up with the names. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:02 pm

im with terps on this one.

the names are generic enough you dont need to change them. every year, they are creative, and they arent too similar that they would be confusing.

ala all STDs or all old coaches or all old players ('now was i in the bill walsh division or the jimmy johnson divison.???')
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:18 am

VaderFin wrote:I always like going the old coach way....Shula Division, Walsh Division, etc. etc.

I like this as well. I use Halas and Lombardi.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:39 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I'd go with former fantasy studs.

Sanders, Faulk, Davis, Smith

This right here is the perfect idea. Seeing most of FF is running back heavy what better than former stud backs. ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby marksy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:44 pm

Just some input here, in our 12 teams keeper league we have three divisions only (no conferences).

Our divisions are:

Jose Cuervo
Jim Beam
Johnny Walker
marksy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Each year the division champ from each division of my money league gets to rename the division for the following year.... Last year the division winners were The Columbine High School Rifle Team and the Branch Dividian Barbequers Association, so I'm anxious to see what our divisions are called next year.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:16 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Each year the division champ from each division of my money league gets to rename the division for the following year.... Last year the division winners were The Columbine High School Rifle Team and the Branch Dividian Barbequers Association, so I'm anxious to see what our divisions are called next year.....

THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!!................I love it.
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:31 pm

bellybrother wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Each year the division champ from each division of my money league gets to rename the division for the following year.... Last year the division winners were The Columbine High School Rifle Team and the Branch Dividian Barbequers Association, so I'm anxious to see what our divisions are called next year.....

Yes, that league is populated by sick bastards.... All the names are somewhat sick like that..... With guys changing their names to one-up eachother every year..... I've been considering changing my team name (currently The Jim Jones Kool-Aid Brigade) to the Neverland Valley Boy Scouts for 2006....

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:43 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
bellybrother wrote:

Yes, that league is populated by sick bastards.... All the names are somewhat sick like that..... With guys changing their names to one-up eachother every year..... I've been considering changing my team name (currently The Jim Jones Kool-Aid Brigade) to the Neverland Valley Boy Scouts for 2006....

;-D

Thats awesome. :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk