All Over the Board: Muhsin Muhammad - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

All Over the Board: Muhsin Muhammad

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 5MinAbs » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:31 am

so according to most people here, grossman will be an animal, and the vikings are doomed. so a system that has never been pass friendly will all of a sudden become one and the viking offense is now in the bottom half of the nfl. oye, these things just dont change over night people, or even during all the camps before the real season begins
5MinAbs
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:37 am

5MinAbs wrote:so according to most people here, grossman will be an animal, and the vikings are doomed. so a system that has never been pass friendly will all of a sudden become one and the viking offense is now in the bottom half of the nfl. oye, these things just dont change over night people, or even during all the camps before the real season begins

I dont think that's what they are saying, just that Minnesota's offense is overrated and the Bears offense is underrated. Which I agree with, but I'd still take MIN offense over Chicago's and I'd bet most people here would.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:52 am

Mustangs989 wrote:
5MinAbs wrote:so according to most people here, grossman will be an animal, and the vikings are doomed. so a system that has never been pass friendly will all of a sudden become one and the viking offense is now in the bottom half of the nfl. oye, these things just dont change over night people, or even during all the camps before the real season begins

I dont think that's what they are saying, just that Minnesota's offense is overrated and the Bears offense is underrated. Which I agree with, but I'd still take MIN offense over Chicago's and I'd bet most people here would.

Thanks Stang. Couldn't have said it better myself...so I won't try.
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:18 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its interesting - that was my original take on him too this spring. Then I started taking a closer look at the Bears. Im not extremely high on Muhammed now, but Ive been able to get him as a #3 in mocks - and to me - he's a fine #3 to have because of his upside as a #3 - if he does produce anything close to last yr you have a steal of the draft type pick. Say he regresses though - I can still see 1200 and 8 - thats 200 fewer yds and half the TDs he scored last yr - and thats an awesome #3.

The Bears are definitely gonna suprise some people this yr. Grossman is a gamer, and I've heard some reports of him establishing a good connection with Muhammad already this summer.

A good Oline, a good running game, an X-factor QB, where have I heard this before?

Im just playin Devils Advocate here, but yeah, I love grabbing Mush as my #3 right now.

you know what, i never thought of it that way, but your probably right there.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby 5MinAbs » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:22 am

actually, thats what ive been seeing verbatim. and how are they overrated? most experts predict a drop in minnesota's offensive output, which is obvious for more than just the reason of moss' departure. i still think they have an offense that will rank in the top half of the nfl, and from what ive seen most experts predict the same. i mean i think its silly to predict such a dramatic change in offensive production over the course of one yr. chicago has never, NEVER, been a pass heavy offense. grossman will not be a top 15 qb this yr and mushin would be lucky to have half the production he did last yr. they are a running team, because thats how lovie runs his O. you want production from them, get tj or benson, and draft moose in rd 9 of ur ff draft.
5MinAbs
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:27 pm

yeah rd 9 seems good. I'd take him or jimmy smith as my no 3 as I think both are a little underrated: Jimmy more than moose though.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:18 pm

Moose is more valuable than Jimmy though, I'd certainly rather have him. He's not going to be as good as last year, but hes falling so low that hes still a great value. Remember, there isn't much else to throw to in Chicago. And Grossman was getting his legs before he tore his ACL in a freak play.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:43 pm

Well, I was one of the lucky ones to ride the muhsin express last year. Got him in a trade for T.J. duckett a choice between him and Jerry porter and I got him in week 7. Still I'd rather have Jimmy smith as I like leftwich a little better than grossman even though grossman should improve.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby tanner » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:17 pm

Boy for a thread about Moose Muhammad, there's an awful lot of Viking talk in here..

Moose is a certified top 20 WR..that that to the bank. i don't care if he plays for the Iowa Barnstormers, he's gonna do well..with Steve Beuerlein at QB in 1999-2000, Moose recorded 96 and 102 catches...
If chicago trails like they should in most games, they will pass an awful lot..

until I actually see a 'great' vikings defense with my own eyes, I don't believe any of it..they've got, what, 10 new starters on defenses? lol..it'll take 1/2 the season for them to jell as a unit..
show me a vikings defense that can stop the run, and I'll show you a bridge for sale in Brooklyn..

dont believe the hype..
GB has smallish CB's too..moose should carve them to bits...
and RW McQ is gonna stop Moose in Detroit? haha..no way..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:34 pm

tanner wrote:dont believe the hype..
GB has smallish CB's too..moose should carve them to bits...
and RW McQ is gonna stop Moose in Detroit? haha..no way..

Good thing McQ is the backup there then, eh? ;-D

I agree with you, but I think you are discounting the Bears and Lions D a bit.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk