league setup-opinions wanted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

league setup-opinions wanted

Moderator: Football Moderators

league setup-opinions wanted

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:44 pm

I'm setting up a VERY deep league.It will be dynasty and it will have 16 teams.It would have a 45 man roster with 20 starters,9 offensive,9 defensive, a kicker and a punter.

But the things i would like y'alls imput on are the following:

1) Divisions?

2)8 teams or half making the playoffs?

3)2 weeks per playoff game

4)10 week schedule

What I would like to do is have just 1 division. This way the best 8 make the playoffs, not the best 4 from each division which might exclude 1 or more better teams.8 teams would make the playoffs.anyone think that is too much?There would be 2 weeks for each playoff contest.weeks 11 and 12 of the NFL schedule would decide playoff round 1.weeks 13 and 14 deciding playoff round 2. weeks 15 and 16 deciding the "superbowl".

No opinion is a bad opinion so give it to me,please.

thanks in advance. ;-D
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:26 pm

that's certainly an interesting setup, but it doesn't keep the interest of the members not in the playoffs. How would you do two weeks, by total score of the two weeks?? Maybe just 2 weeks for the superbowl??? I like 8 teams in the playoffs with 1 division.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:08 pm

Sounds to me that based on the size of league and deepness of the rosters that you want this to be run as close to the NFL as possible. With that being said, I think half is too many to make the playoffs. I would do the top 6 with teams 1 and 2 having first round byes. This way there are 2 different incentives: first making the playoffs, then jockying for position. This would set up just a 3 week playoff, which means if your willing to go as long as week 16 then you could have the regular season as 13 games which means everyone gets maximum value out of the season versus a 10 or 11 game regular season.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:15 pm

In weeks 11 and 12, the other half of the league would be playing in the "toilet bowl", for the first pick in the rookie draft. Weeks 13 and 14 could continue with all teams fighting for rookie draft pick position(meaning draft spot is decided in playoffs not regular season). And even when the superbowl is being played the other teams are fighting for draft spots.So, all 16 teams would play 16 weeks.
The 2 weeks per playoff round isn't difficult at all. Each set plays for 2 weeks being able to change their lineup in between weeks. This would reduce the chances of hot and/or cold stars deciding the playoffs. Which I believe would produce better end results.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk