Choice of Fantasy LMs (ESPN verses Yahoo) ? ? ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Choice of Fantasy LMs (ESPN verses Yahoo) ? ? ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football - ESPN or Yahoo

ESPN
8%
Yahoo
92%

Total votes : 13

Choice of Fantasy LMs (ESPN verses Yahoo) ? ? ?

Postby jephilli6 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:28 am

I need some help (i.e. feedback) on ESPN's FFL verses that of Yahoo's FFL because my league is preparing now and were previously Yahoo.

ESPN seems to be very customizable (lots of options that Yahoo does not offer) but does not seem to have a "watch list" like Yahoo which is a really nice option and after reading up on ESPN they will make you pay $30 bucks to get the player info.

Please thread any feedback positive or negative, pros and cons of each of those leagues....anybody out there who is familiar with either of them

Thanks for the help guys!
MY ROSTER
QB -
WR -
RB -
TE -
K -
DEF -
jephilli6
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:37 am

Yahoo has the top-of-the-line draft equip., while there's always problems with espn. Also, ESPN, seems, I don't know, cheesy, and not as much time was put into it as yaho's new setup.

Just my thoughts, but I say Yahoo ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:05 pm

I play both and would take ESPN every time. Maybe I'm biased because I use to write for them but I love the live draft on ESPN and the features you get like Edge and Insider.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:16 pm

If you're asking about general opinions, I've used both and would never, EVER pick ESPN's site over Yahoo's. It's not even close, IMO.

ESPN is a clunky, non-intuitive, and poorly designed interface. I've also experienced horrible connection issues with their site. I find Yahoo's site much easier to use and just a better overall design and I've never had problems connecting.

If ESPN has options that you need and Yahoo doesn't have them, then you're stuck. But I would recommend checking into some pay sites first. Once you break down the cost between all owners it's usually only about $5 - $10 per owner.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk