Something like this ever happen to you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Something like this ever happen to you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Something like this ever happen to you?

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:15 pm

Okay, so I was at my grandma's for dinner awhile back. I'm getting my food, stocking it up on a plate, and decide that I'll grab my beverage then, rather later.

So I look around on the counter, and find a container labelled "Apple Cider" in large, bolded letters. I fill my cup up, and head downstairs...

As I'm finishing up my food, I drink my "apple cider", all in one swig. All of a sudden a burning sensation starts going through my throat. I'm like, "what the?" and my parents and grandma are like, "what happened?"

I told them I drank my apple cider, and it started burning my throat. All of a sudden, they start laughing out loud, and I was quite confused. So I ask them what's so funny. They tell me to read the container of apple cider...

So I grab the container, and my grandma points out, in barely legible sized-letters "vinegar" under the large apple cider. Stupid companies :-P :-b

Anything happen to you like that, where you thought something was a certain thing, only to find out the hard way it isn't? ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:09 pm

Great story!

A bit of a different story but of the same vein, my wife used to waitress in college. She worked at a fish-n-chips house in a nearby town that served beer battered fish. One day when she was working their, a family she simply described as a "wee bit granola" came into eat. The parents were very mindful of what their children were eating and ordered the whole clan each a salad with some freshly prepared, non fried fish on it. As my wife took the order she asked them what they would like to drink. The little boy was screaming "Applejuice! Applejuice!"

Now normally, they didn't carry applejuice but on rare occassion they did have some. Briefly when she arrived that morning for her shift, she noticed what appeared to be a pitch of applejuice in the beverage refrigerator and made note of it. She happily replied to the couple that they did indeed have applejuice and she would gladly bring some out for the kids who both were enthused by the news.

My wife hurriedly submitted the order on this very busy day and drew the drinks for the family. She returned to the table, placed the drinks down and went back to go pick up their order. A few minutes went by when the father anxiously went up to my wife and told her she was needed at their table immediately. She told him that the food would be up soon thinking that they were growing impatient. He then said "no" we need to see you at the table.

Once at the table, the father asked my wife, "do you know what you served my kids?" She replied, "applejuice." The father shook his head and said "no, you served my son and daugther flat beer!" It was at that time that she looked around and saw that the little boy was a bit loopy.

Apparently, the chef would put the last of the keg in a pitcher and put it in the refrigerator for his beer batter. It had the exact same look of applejuice and my wife never checked the smell. When she served the drinks to the children, the little boy picked his up and downed it in a heartbeat. The little girl, ever so discerning told her parents that something didn't smell right and that's when they discovered it was beer. The mother grabbed the little boy and made him throw it up.

My wife was apologetic to the point of tears and comped them the entire meal. The little boy left with his first buzz! :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:34 pm

MadScott, I bet the kid knew it was beer. ;-)
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:11 pm

MMMmmmmm fish and chips WITH beer. :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:35 pm

LOL Cream very funny. Never happened to me :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:35 pm

MadScott wrote:Great story!

A bit of a different story but of the same vein, my wife used to waitress in college. She worked at a fish-n-chips house in a nearby town that served beer battered fish. One day when she was working their, a family she simply described as a "wee bit granola" came into eat. The parents were very mindful of what their children were eating and ordered the whole clan each a salad with some freshly prepared, non fried fish on it. As my wife took the order she asked them what they would like to drink. The little boy was screaming "Applejuice! Applejuice!"

Now normally, they didn't carry applejuice but on rare occassion they did have some. Briefly when she arrived that morning for her shift, she noticed what appeared to be a pitch of applejuice in the beverage refrigerator and made note of it. She happily replied to the couple that they did indeed have applejuice and she would gladly bring some out for the kids who both were enthused by the news.

My wife hurriedly submitted the order on this very busy day and drew the drinks for the family. She returned to the table, placed the drinks down and went back to go pick up their order. A few minutes went by when the father anxiously went up to my wife and told her she was needed at their table immediately. She told him that the food would be up soon thinking that they were growing impatient. He then said "no" we need to see you at the table.

Once at the table, the father asked my wife, "do you know what you served my kids?" She replied, "applejuice." The father shook his head and said "no, you served my son and daugther flat beer!" It was at that time that she looked around and saw that the little boy was a bit loopy.

Apparently, the chef would put the last of the keg in a pitcher and put it in the refrigerator for his beer batter. It had the exact same look of applejuice and my wife never checked the smell. When she served the drinks to the children, the little boy picked his up and downed it in a heartbeat. The little girl, ever so discerning told her parents that something didn't smell right and that's when they discovered it was beer. The mother grabbed the little boy and made him throw it up.

My wife was apologetic to the point of tears and comped them the entire meal. The little boy left with his first buzz! :-b

LOL. did your wife get in trouble?
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:57 pm

I woke up one morning really hung over in some house. As per usual hang over symptoms, my mouth tasted like crap. I spotted a half full bottle of water on the table next to me. I started gulping pretty quickly. It didnt take long for me to realize I was chugging vodka. Mr. Stomach was not amused.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:31 pm

Much like portisfan, I was at a party and was a little "out of it" shall we say. I had pasties and was so damn thirsty. I asked my buddy for a sip of of water and ended up pounding half a water bottle of gin. Not a surprise I would like to duplicate.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:27 am

I remember last year one morning around christmas season i woke up and my parents were all gone for the day and they left the eggnog on the counter and i just woke up and decided id make my self some cereal. I wasnt payin attention cause i was so tired and instead of pouring in milk i poured in hot eggnog that has been sitting out for I dont know how long. Aww one of the grossest tastes in my life cheerios in hot eggnog. :-P
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:20 am

ljthockey wrote:I remember last year one morning around christmas season i woke up and my parents were all gone for the day and they left the eggnog on the counter and i just woke up and decided id make my self some cereal. I wasnt payin attention cause i was so tired and instead of pouring in milk i poured in hot eggnog that has been sitting out for I dont know how long. Aww one of the grossest tastes in my life cheerios in hot eggnog. :-P
lol that sucks man
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk