Something like this ever happen to you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Something like this ever happen to you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:12 pm

LMAO, Mad, that's a funny, funny read :-b
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:17 pm

I'd say the closest thing that has happened to me has probably happened to most of you. I was digging through the cabinets when I was a little tyke, only to come across what else but a huge Hershey's candy bar. Well, I was in for some treat, or so I thought. You probably guessed it by now, but it was semi-sweet bakers chocolate. If you have never done this, you might have to try it just to understand it. Not only was it a huge letdown from the immaculate sweetness that is chocolate, it leaves a dry, powdery feel on your tongue that turns to a waxy sheen when you try and wash it down with milk or something of the like. Just terrible.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:40 pm

Good stories
When a friend and I were driving to the beach (back when I was dipping coppenhagen) spittin in a bottle. I was driving, he was drinking. He mistakenly took nice big swig of chew spit. He calmly spit it out and said "I just drank your spit, I need a beer"
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:50 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Good stories
When a friend and I were driving to the beach (back when I was dipping coppenhagen) spittin in a bottle. I was driving, he was drinking. He mistakenly took nice big swig of chew spit. He calmly spit it out and said "I just drank your spit, I need a beer"

Now that's a different category altogether. I was on an away trip for a wedding with my then girlfriend and her sister and sister's boyfriend. We shared a hotel room to save some cash, and my girl was getting frisky and wanted to draw a bath for the two of us. Needless to say, after we're in for awhile, the boyfriend is waiting to take a leak. No way I'm stopping now. Yada yada yada, it's time to get out, I say go on ahead, we're done. He goes in. I grab my beer, thinking nothing of it being warm, since I was gone for so long. I don't think it's necessary to finish the story, except to say that I now know where the phrase "This beer is piss warm came from". :-C %-6 :-P :-#
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RayVins » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:56 pm

when i was a kid, around 10 or 11 i believe, i found a small glass of clear, water-looking liquid. i remember just coming back from a baseball game and being pretty thirsty.

my parents had people over for a family/friend bbq and there were of course drinks. so i decided to drain the glass of "water" from the tinted glass.

shock set over me as i swalloed a mouthful of straight goldschlager. i put the glass down a noticed all the little gold flakes had kicked up in the glass after laying motionless at the bottom.

a burning sensation in my entire throat pulled me to the kitchen sink where i sat with my mouth open under the faucet for 20 minutes.

my parents had a good laugh about it im sure...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby defianthart » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:11 pm

not a big fan of goldschlager.

worst thing thats happened to me is when i was young and knew any better, i picked up and drank a glass of milk that i had left out earlier that morning(it was about 6:00 PM). definitely not something id liek to do again.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Good stories

Now that's a different category altogether. I was on an away trip for a wedding with my then girlfriend and her sister and sister's boyfriend. We shared a hotel room to save some cash, and my girl was getting frisky and wanted to draw a bath for the two of us. Needless to say, after we're in for awhile, the boyfriend is waiting to take a leak. No way I'm stopping now. Yada yada yada, it's time to get out, I say go on ahead, we're done. He goes in. I grab my beer, thinking nothing of it being warm, since I was gone for so long. I don't think it's necessary to finish the story, except to say that I now know where the phrase "This beer is piss warm came from". :-C %-6 :-P :-#

Awww man! That had to totally suck! :-{ :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:56 pm

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
MadScott wrote:Great story!

A bit of a different story but of the same vein, my wife used to waitress in college. She worked at a fish-n-chips house in a nearby town that served beer battered fish. One day when she was working their, a family she simply described as a "wee bit granola" came into eat. The parents were very mindful of what their children were eating and ordered the whole clan each a salad with some freshly prepared, non fried fish on it. As my wife took the order she asked them what they would like to drink. The little boy was screaming "Applejuice! Applejuice!"

Now normally, they didn't carry applejuice but on rare occassion they did have some. Briefly when she arrived that morning for her shift, she noticed what appeared to be a pitch of applejuice in the beverage refrigerator and made note of it. She happily replied to the couple that they did indeed have applejuice and she would gladly bring some out for the kids who both were enthused by the news.

My wife hurriedly submitted the order on this very busy day and drew the drinks for the family. She returned to the table, placed the drinks down and went back to go pick up their order. A few minutes went by when the father anxiously went up to my wife and told her she was needed at their table immediately. She told him that the food would be up soon thinking that they were growing impatient. He then said "no" we need to see you at the table.

Once at the table, the father asked my wife, "do you know what you served my kids?" She replied, "applejuice." The father shook his head and said "no, you served my son and daugther flat beer!" It was at that time that she looked around and saw that the little boy was a bit loopy.

Apparently, the chef would put the last of the keg in a pitcher and put it in the refrigerator for his beer batter. It had the exact same look of applejuice and my wife never checked the smell. When she served the drinks to the children, the little boy picked his up and downed it in a heartbeat. The little girl, ever so discerning told her parents that something didn't smell right and that's when they discovered it was beer. The mother grabbed the little boy and made him throw it up.

My wife was apologetic to the point of tears and comped them the entire meal. The little boy left with his first buzz! :-b

LOL. did your wife get in trouble?
Nah, she told her boss what happened and they had a laugh over some "applejuice" at the end of the day.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:19 pm

I have a great story:

A couple years ago I was babysitting my siblings when I saw some cocoa in the pantry. Thinking that it would taste great because chocolate comes from it, I open the can and chugged it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't breathe because the cocoa got stuck to my tounge and clogged up my thoat. I yelled "WATER!! TOOTHBRUSH!!!!" I was coughing out cocoa powder and it got all over the kitchen floor. I got to the sink and put my mouth under while my sister got my toothbrush and was brushing my tounge. After about 20 minutes, lots of brown stuff, and excessive coughing, I settled down. Then, of course, I had a huge mess to clean up. Right when I start cleaning up, guess who walks in?? My parents. My mom got mad not because I was really dumb, but because she needed it for a recipe that night.

:~( :~(
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:28 pm

Not much of a story...but I'm a huge fan of California rolls. Was eating a couple at a restaurant once, and had finished, when I noticed a big clump of avocado had fallen out of one of the rolls and onto the edge of the plate and I must have missed it. So I sweep it up with my finger, and down the hatch...except that it was actually wasabe. I've eaten it before, but mixed with soy sauce and in very small amounts...but a big piece of it.... straight up, not expecting it at all...funny stuff. Felt like steam was coming out of my ears, my mouth was burning...good times.

Nominee for thread of the year, eh. ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk