Owens or Moss take ur pick

Terrell Owens
23%
Randy Moss
77%

Total votes : 39

Re: Moss or TO

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:08 pm

loosechange75 wrote:If TO plays this year who would u rather have to start the season Owens or Randy Moss fantasy wise

No offense man, but it seems like every post I see of yours is about how great Owens is.

Moss by alot in my opinion.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fatnub2339 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:33 pm

Moss. He's probably better anyways and I can count him to be still playing come playoff times while T.O. will probably be sitting cause the NFC is so damn weak
fatnub2339
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:37 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Philly fans: T.O.
Everyone else: Moss.

Philly fans: TO
Everyone with a lick of sense: Moss
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:39 pm

Mas Moss.
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:41 pm

I think they're about even, Moss is more talented but TO has a better QB throwing to him. I voted for TO and I am NOT an Eagles fan, but IMO it's a crapshoot. The Eagles have a better all-around offense - you could make the argument this will hurt TO by taking touches away, or it will help him since defenses cannot totally key on him. Both Moss and TO had injury issues so there's risk both ways.

Plus I have to give TO some credit for stepping up after his injury. Plus Moss is a former Viking and I can't stand the guy, although I dislike TO only marginally less.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:50 pm

maddog60 wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:Definitely Moss. The guy is a better WR in all aspects then TO...And every other receiver in the NFL.

Don't let your Philly blinders make you take TO over Moss.

Really? Better at blocking? Or Yard After Catch? Because Moss isn't better in TO in those areas for sure. Heck, Ward is the best WR for blocking. Both him and TO are better at going across the middle and playing the possession WR role. So take the Randy Moss blinders off for a second.

Oh, and the best WR in the NFL, the best ever, is still playing and his name is Jerry Rice.

I'm talking about currently..And I meant fantasy wise..But overall, It's hard to argue moss isn't the best receiver in the NFL. They don't call him the freak for nothing you know. And there are very few times EVER that Randy Moss is blocking...And I thought Moss has a higher YAC then TO did.

And your saying Rice is currently the best receiver in the NFL..Right now? Maybe a decade or two ago when he was putting up 20 TDs in one year with the niners..But it's 2005 now. Sure he's the greatest of all time..But tell me something...Who would you rather have on your fantasy roster right now...Moss or Rice?
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:Definitely Moss. The guy is a better WR in all aspects then TO...And every other receiver in the NFL.

Don't let your Philly blinders make you take TO over Moss.

Really? Better at blocking? Or Yard After Catch? Because Moss isn't better in TO in those areas for sure. Heck, Ward is the best WR for blocking. Both him and TO are better at going across the middle and playing the possession WR role. So take the Randy Moss blinders off for a second.

Oh, and the best WR in the NFL, the best ever, is still playing and his name is Jerry Rice.

Moss, no question. Even as a bitter Vikings fan, Moss. Also, we are talking fantasy, so blocking means zilch. So, three votes TO. They came from Maddog, whoever started this thread, and Goatwhacker (Two Owns fanatics and a guy that publically said that the reason he voted TO was because he hates Moss more.). I think it's painfully obvious.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FantasyFootball2005 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:04 pm

Ryan, why dont you give up. Like the other guy said, every one of ur post seem to be about how good TO is. And everyone is showing you that you are the only one who thinks TO is better. Just give it up.

New Year...New Team
FantasyFootball2005
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:38 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:
Moss, no question. Even as a bitter Vikings fan, Moss. Also, we are talking fantasy, so blocking means zilch. So, three votes TO. They came from Maddog, whoever started this thread, and Goatwhacker (Two Owns fanatics and a guy that publically said that the reason he voted TO was because he hates Moss more.). I think it's painfully obvious.

I respect everyone's opinions here, but it seems like this came up on a thread several months ago and it was a much closer race. At the time it was Culpepper throwing to Moss, who's IMO a superior QB to Collins. So I'm not sure where all this Moss Supremacy is coming from.

edit: yeah, here's the thread: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=131438&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=moss%20owens
Last edited by Goatwhacker on Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:39 pm

FantasyFootball2005 wrote:Ryan, why dont you give up. Like the other guy said, every one of ur post seem to be about how good TO is. And everyone is showing you that you are the only one who thinks TO is better. Just give it up.

I think what happened is that he chose TO #1 over all for his fantasy team and he wants to justify himself and try and feel good about a bad decision ;o)
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk