Owens or Moss take ur pick

Terrell Owens
23%
Randy Moss
77%

Total votes : 39

Postby Flockers » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:Minnesota people, where bedtime is like 8pm

Really? I must have missed the memo on that one. :-?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Haha

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:03 am

Me too... its 2 am here!
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:10 am

Flockers wrote:
Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:Minnesota people, where bedtime is like 8pm

Really? I must have missed the memo on that one. :-?
Same here man It's 2:14 and I am drunk as hell! Go Moss!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:11 am

I voted TO and I copied and pasted my response from this discussion back in March b/c my opinion hasn't changed.

*Note, I would obviously take Moss if the TO contract negotations don't get resolved soon.

"I am going to stick up for TO right now. I would rather have him over Moss on my fantasy roster next year hands down! I say this because of a few reasons.

1. Moss is on a new team so he will have to learn a new offense, new routes, and devolop chemistry with a new QB.

2. TO has a much better QB in McNabb. Plus he knows McNabb well and the system b/c he has gone through a year. He will get the ball no matter what.

3. Oak has more options at WR other than Moss. Porter and Curry will be open more often b/c the focus will be on Randy, thus Porter and Curry will see more balls thrown their way. Wheras, TO is thee # 1 option in Philly with not much help.

These are a few of the reasons why I would rather have TO over Randy next year on my team."
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:23 am

J2thez929 wrote:1. Moss is on a new team so he will have to learn a new offense, new routes, and devolop chemistry with a new QB.

2. TO has a much better QB in McNabb. Plus he knows McNabb well and the system b/c he has gone through a year. He will get the ball no matter what.

The quarterback situation has never affected Moss. He put up stellar numbers with George, Cunningham, Culpepper, Bouman, Frerotte, etc. He's been through two head coaches as is and a few different offensive co-ordinators. I don't see how that's going to affect Moss.

J2thez929 wrote:3. Oak has more options at WR other than Moss. Porter and Curry will be open more often b/c the focus will be on Randy, thus Porter and Curry will see more balls thrown their way. Wheras, TO is thee # 1 option in Philly with not much help.

In Moss' rookie season he had to "share" the football with Cris Carter and Jake Reed. Up until '02 he still had to "share" the ball with Carter. Then came two effective tight ends and D'wayne Bates. In '03 it was Moe Williams who caught over 60. Last year Burleson. Moss has played with other effective recievers. There's no way Porter and Curry take away from Moss' numbers. They'll probably end up taking coverage away from Moss creating a better deep threat.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Philly fans: T.O.
Everyone else: Moss.

Philly fans: TO
Everyone with a lick of sense: Moss

Well, here's what you had to say back in March, Cheese:

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Theres too much uncertainty with Moss, ask me this question a year from now and I almost guarantee I'll say Moss, but in this case I'll play it safe with TO.

That was before all this holdout nonsense, and I'm not allowed to change my mind on WR rankings over the course of 3 months? It's not even a year from March and I'm saying Moss.

You are certainly allowed to change your mind, but it's a bit disingenuous for you to say people don't have a lick of sense for holding the same opinions you did three months earlier.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:38 am

J2thez929 wrote:I voted TO and I copied and pasted my response from this discussion back in March b/c my opinion hasn't changed.

*Note, I would obviously take Moss if the TO contract negotations don't get resolved soon.

"I am going to stick up for TO right now. I would rather have him over Moss on my fantasy roster next year hands down! I say this because of a few reasons.

1. Moss is on a new team so he will have to learn a new offense, new routes, and devolop chemistry with a new QB.

3. Oak has more options at WR other than Moss. Porter and Curry will be open more often b/c the focus will be on Randy, thus Porter and Curry will see more balls thrown their way. Wheras, TO is thee # 1 option in Philly with not much help.

These are a few of the reasons why I would rather have TO over Randy next year on my team."

Can't say I really agree that the points mentioned here are going to have any real impact on his fantasy numbers.

1. Moss has never been that "route running" type WR that learns precise routes and when to come out of his breaks. He's just a freak athlete that makes big plays. You don't need to learn the system to run past two guys and jump over two more.

2. I would almost be more worried if Moss had a better QB than TO, because Moss seems to almost do better the worse his QB is. The 'good' QBs look to spread the ball around and make good reads, the 'bad' QBs just chuck it up deep in the vacinity of Moss and let him make a play, which is why Moss averaged damn near 30 FFP/g with QBs like Gus Frerotte at the helm.

3. Despite the impression the last two seasons has left, Moss has had a legitimate #2 and deeper on his team the majority of his career.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:28 am

I can understand somebody preferring Moss over TO or even preferring TO over Moss. What I don't understand is anybody saying that "it's not even close". How can anyone make that statement.

Look at their stats over the past 5 years:

TO
6465 yds receiving
65 re td
4 times in the top 5 wr

Moss
6416 yds receiving
62 re td
4 times in the top 5 wr

They are also both arrogant prima donas who need to be the centre of attention, have had problems with teammates (especially their QBs) and are coming off of seasons where they both suffered an injury. Could they be any closer?

Whichever one you pick, you must admit that it's a close call.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:38 am

Moss. They're both very good, but Moss imo. Don't have to worry about the holdout with moss, although i don't think that will be an issue.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:17 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Philly fans: T.O.
Everyone else: Moss.

Philly fans: TO
Everyone with a lick of sense: Moss

Well, here's what you had to say back in March, Cheese:

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Theres too much uncertainty with Moss, ask me this question a year from now and I almost guarantee I'll say Moss, but in this case I'll play it safe with TO.

That was before all this holdout nonsense, and I'm not allowed to change my mind on WR rankings over the course of 3 months? It's not even a year from March and I'm saying Moss.

You are certainly allowed to change your mind, but it's a bit disingenuous for you to say people don't have a lick of sense for holding the same opinions you did three months earlier.

I was kidding. It was a dig at Eagles fans, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk