Wired's Next Fest '05 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wired's Next Fest '05

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wired's Next Fest '05

Postby Tiki » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:40 pm

I went to the festival this weekend, and all I can say is AMAZING! The fest had all sorts of cool gizmos from the future. I got to talk to "Phillip K. Dick" well atleast his robot counter part. If you asked him anything abouth is family books moives ect. he had a answer for you. I also, saw a cloned cat and the donor, that was pretty cool! If you want a pet cloned all you need is $35,000 ;-D.

The robots there were unbelieveable. They had a humannoid robot named Hubo Image which is a robot that could walk, do sign language, bow, awhole bunch of stuff. Also I saw one a the robots from Robo Garage, here a little blurb about him. http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~robo-garage/eng ... roino.html

BrainBall, a new game for couch bums! They put a brain sensor around your head and tell you to relax. When you relax the ball would move. The object is to move the ball to the circle across the table. They had two brain waves that they focused on Tetra and Alpha. When you relaxed I believe the tetra wave would come on more strong and that moved the ball. I played against my dad, he won, said it was the Lamawze (SP) breathing.
Much fun for geeks and nerds and cool dudes alike! :-)

EDIT I found the site http://www.nextfest.net/ B-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wired's Next Fest '05

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:56 pm

Tiki wrote:I got to talk to "Phillip K. Dick" well atleast his robot counter part.

I have a feeling PKD himself would have found that hysterical. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk