Primetime football changes for 2006. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Primetime football changes for 2006.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Primetime football changes for 2006.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:42 pm

NO more NFL Primetime. this will start in 2006 with the new TV deals. NBC has the Sunday night games and nobody but NBC will be allowed to show NFL highlights before midnight on Sundays. They are planning on their own 7:30 highlight show that will lead into the 8:30 Sunday night game.

One other interesting point in the article is that the Sunday night games will not be set before the season. The Sunday night game will be picked about 3 weeks beforehand. Basically, NBC will be allowed to pick whatever game they want to be the Sunday Night game. There's only 1 exception. Fox or CBS (whichever has the doubleheader that week) will be able to "protect" 1 game from selection by NBC.

Here's the article with more info...http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_347802.html
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:44 pm

No Primetime = :-t :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:45 pm

I also heard John Madden say on the radio that he is going to get to help pick what game goes on Sunday night.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:55 pm

I like the idea of picking the games 3 weeks beforehand, I had to watch Chicago at San Fran last year.

No primetime sucks though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:13 pm

there is no set schedule for the primetime games now? thats stupid and a hassle...

i can see, from NBCs standpoint, how airing the hot team matchups would draw more viewers but i like being able to know whats what...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Manja » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:29 pm

RayVins wrote:there is no set schedule for the primetime games now? thats stupid and a hassle...

i can see, from NBCs standpoint, how airing the hot team matchups would draw more viewers but i like being able to know whats what...

It's set three weeks before, so you should still know.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:30 pm

VaderFin wrote:No Primetime = :-t :-t
Agreed! :-t :-t

I need my Berman "Primetime! Primetime! Primetime!"
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:53 pm

oh no.....

no ... 'WOOP' and no... 'HE COULD GO ALL THE WAY' ..... 'tiiiiiiiiiick tick tick tick'

this is a disaster for football
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:55 pm

Wow, this is a sad, sad day.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:34 pm

There can be no doubt now about how TV $$$$ is ruining football. No primetime? That's an institution. Not having primetime to bridge the gap between the orgy of day games and the cherry on top night game is an affront against all that is good.
Primetime was like having the hookers pay me when I'm done...wait, that might be revealing more about myself than you need to know.
It's like no pumpkin pie after your Thanksgiving meal. You don't need it, but you sure as heck still want it!

I love that they will have some flexibility in choosing games, but this ridiculous exclusivity nonsense has got to go. No Primetime. what's next no ABC MNF?
Greedy bastages are whoring out the game we love.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk