Primetime football changes for 2006. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Primetime football changes for 2006.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:49 pm

GMoney wrote:oh no.....

no ... 'WOOP' and no... 'HE COULD GO ALL THE WAY' ..... 'tiiiiiiiiiick tick tick tick'

this is a disaster for football

"Curtis my favourite Martin"

No primetime freaking sucks.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:55 pm

No more "Jacked Up" either. :-t
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:23 am

absolutely horrible news :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Sundays

Postby Injundave » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 am

I prefer the new setup. Sure I'll miss Berman, but usually by 7:30 I already know all I need to know. As long as somebody has the highlights I'm happy. They need to choose Monday nights game 3 weeks ahead too. Matchups have been boring or pointless too often. I don't wanna stay up til 12:30 to watch a meaningless game.
Injundave
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:17 am

Flockers wrote:No more "Jacked Up" either. :-t

ESPN has Monday Night football in the new deal so I'm sure they will have there pre game show with Berman and the rest of the boys.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:34 am

As an NFL season ticket holder, I do not like having to wait until 3 weeks before the game is played to find out if it will be prime time or not.

The problem the NFL has is that they should not pick 4 teams to play 3 prime time games in a year, if 1 or 2 of those team happen to have an injury or not be as good as predicted, that is ruining the ratings. Mix it up a little and have a variety of teams play. It seems they base the schedule of prime time games on hte year before and as we all no with the parity of the NFL 1 year does not translate to the next. Leave the games alone, the change will not boost ratings very much.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Calyxes » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:41 am

No primetime sucks :-t

So even stations that air games can not even show their own highlights :-? That does not sound right
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:58 am

I think we'll still have 'Jacked Up' because I think that's on Monday Night Countdown which I'm sure ESPN will still have.

This is a very sad day for humanity, what am I supposed to do now from 730-815? Shit, I used to plan my dinners around NFL Primetime.

While they're at it, they might as well do away with the 4th quarter so that the TV stations can get in more commericials...
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:26 am

At first I thought ehh, I'll get use to it as usual, but then I thought hey wait I Skins season tickets and this may utterly screw me and all others with tickets. If you make plans for 1:00 pm game and then 3 weeks out NBC decides they want it to air on sunday nite well that would suck.

Grrr just another instance of the man trying to keep us down :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:50 am

to be honest, I think (despite the loss of primetime) that this is as good a solution to dog games as we would likely find.

The MNF football problem is a big one if you factor in the ticketholders. Moving a game a whole day, and to night is a big problem.

Moving a game backa few hourse, with a few weeks notice is a different animal entirely.

Only problem is I used to like going out for monday night football.

And those of us with girlfriends/wives -- I can tell right now, the three games in a day thing is hard to pull off.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk