Primetime football changes for 2006. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Primetime football changes for 2006.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:00 am

I'll use myself as example of what a pain this Sunday night thing can be. I live about 4 hours away from where the Dolphins play. I don't have season tickets but like to go to a game or two every year. So I pick a 1pm start time as I can watch the game, get home at a reasonable time afterwards and go to work the next day. Change it to a night game and I'm getting home at 4 in the morning. Yuck!!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:54 pm

I get to a game once every two years or so, so the scheduling changes really don't bother me. Since I watch most games on TV I think it's pretty cool. Hopefully we'll get to see some of the better match-ups instead of getting stuck with a stinker. As far as the highlight show, I'll wait to see NBC's new show before I mourn the loss of NFL Primetime. :-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby defianthart » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:04 pm

VaderFin wrote:I'll use myself as example of what a pain this Sunday night thing can be. I live about 4 hours away from where the Dolphins play. I don't have season tickets but like to go to a game or two every year. So I pick a 1pm start time as I can watch the game, get home at a reasonable time afterwards and go to work the next day. Change it to a night game and I'm getting home at 4 in the morning. Yuck!!

the dolphins wont be winning anything this year anyway so dont count on them being moved up to a prime time spot ;-)

im gonna miss primetime on sundays as i probably wont be seeing many monday night games/primetime on mondays because of school. not cool, jacked up was one of my highlights of the football week :-t :-t
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby catch22 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:08 pm

I think thats the smartest thing they could have done. I love to tailgate at the games. Its much better tailgating at night than it is in the morning. This will, no doubts, boost ratings. I will miss Primetime. I guess they had to throw NBC a bone.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:19 pm

No Primetime :,-( :-t
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Wait, can Fox and CBS show highlights? That'd be pretty bogus... Way to go, Nazi Broadcasting Corporation :-t
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:27 pm

So does this mean Madden will be the main guy for NBC's version of Primetime? :-o
Does the ESPN Sunday night crew now work the Monday Night game? :-o
Patrick, Theismann, and Maguire... Oh My! :-o
Maybe they can just pre-record old sound-bites of Howard Cosell, and punch them in at the appropriate moments. Anything would be an improvement for that crew.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:45 pm

Mark Shapiro, ESPN executive vice president, said the 2006 team could be either of the current ABC or ESPN crews, could be a mixture of the two or could include announcers who aren't part of ABC's or ESPN's NFL broadcasting teams.

I think they should just stick with Madden and Michaels. Theisman needs to go to announce the CFL or something. :-b
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:57 pm

booooooooo :-t :-t :-t
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:28 pm

TTTBone wrote:So does this mean Madden will be the main guy for NBC's version of Primetime? :-o
Does the ESPN Sunday night crew now work the Monday Night game? :-o
Patrick, Theismann, and Maguire... Oh My! :-o
Maybe they can just pre-record old sound-bites of Howard Cosell, and punch them in at the appropriate moments. Anything would be an improvement for that crew.

Wow. It sounds silly at first, but that would be awesome if they could have sound bites from Cosell. It would be a lot of work, but with the delay(5 or 7 sec) it can be done. What a riot it would be to hear Cosell ranting. Call ESPN now TTTBone. If they were really interested in trying something new, that would be a hellova lot better than having some network shrill comming into the booth to pimp their show. Love that idea, TTTBone ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk