Todd Heap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Todd Heap

Moderator: Football Moderators

Todd Heap

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:21 pm

This guy is another injury waiting to happen. Below is cut and pasted from an ESPN Insider article.

The way we hear it, it wouldn't be surprising if Ravens tight end Todd Heap missed all of training camp as he recovers from shoulder and ankle surgery. Heap signed a lucrative contract extension with the club in June.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:00 am

He is an injury risk, but when he is healthy he is right behind Gonzo and Gates.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:19 am

his ankle surgery isnt the problem....its his shoulder surgery. he had both injuries last year but after operatiing on the ankle, he had to use crutches, so they had to hold off on the shoulder surgery until his ankle healed.

do you know why heap gets injured?

because he does his job.

he has been the teams only receiver for the past few years and has led the team over all WRs. he runs his routes through the middle and takes hits to make catches. if you were a ravens fan, and watched the guy play, you would understand what im saying. he has exreme talent, and sacrifices his body for the good of the team.

now that he has a supporting cast..watch out.

and as far as training camp and pre-season...you are right..there is a good chance he will miss a chunk if not all of it. ive read reports that they will actually hold him out longer than usual to be completely sure he is 100%. for a veteran like him, its not as important for him to be in there, just as long as he is conditioned. i havent read a single report that said anything about him missing regular season games.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:22 am

Didn't the Ravens just give Heap an extension? That sayx to me they're not worried about his future due to injuries.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Evolution » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:08 am

maddog60 wrote:Didn't the Ravens just give Heap an extension? That sayx to me they're not worried about his future due to injuries.

Exactly. You don't pay for damaged goods.

Anyone wonder why Peter Boulware or Ty Law haven't signed anywhere? Even though it's partly financial, they're obviously is something we're not hearing about the medical condition of both of those guys.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:20 pm

Heap should be just fine. The Ravens don't seem worried at all.
However, you still might want to draft yourself an up and coming second TE in the last rounds of your draft, especially considering the Ravens have a week three bye and you're going to have to find someone anyways.
Little insurance never hurts.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby catch22 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:30 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:

because he does his job.

So next time he does his job he'll be hurt again? Me and ABC have gone over this alot. I cant help but compare this to Chris Brown. He was a monster when healthy but no one will touch him with a 10 foot pole. Everyone is so high on Heap that no one is concerned about his injury problems. Players get hurt. I expect both to have good seasons. Just because they pay him doesnt mean much. Its probably not guaranteed anyway.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:36 pm

catch22 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

because he does his job.

So next time he does his job he'll be hurt again? Me and ABC have gone over this alot. I cant help but compare this to Chris Brown. He was a monster when healthy but no one will touch him with a 10 foot pole. Everyone is so high on Heap that no one is concerned about his injury problems. Players get hurt. I expect both to have good seasons. Just because they pay him doesnt mean much. Its probably not guaranteed anyway.

first off....i wouldnt go as far to compare heap to brown...last year was the first time he hasnt started a game since he took over as a starter in 2002. i personally wouldnt classify him as a player with "injury problems" just because he was injured one season. he has had minor problems during that time, but nothing serious enough to make him miss time...just like most football players do.

and about the job thing...i was saying that because i feel he is getting a bad rap for getting injured, and because i know how much punishment he has taken along with what he has accomplished for the team. pretty much the opposite of pinkston :-D ;-D

i would be lying if i said the shoulder thing wasnt in the back of my mind, but i truly believe it will be a non factor. i think he will have a healthy year.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:54 pm

deluxe_247 wrote: pretty much the opposite of pinkston :-D ;-D

Aint that the truth. Heap never "lost it in the lights."
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyManiac24 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:02 pm

portisfan24 wrote:He is an injury risk, but when he is healthy he is right behind Gonzo and Gates.

this guy can be better than gonzo or gates when he's healthy too. another problem i have with heap is the team he's on. if todd was on a team like kansas city or a team like san diego, he could do wonders 8-o
FantasyManiac24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk