Todd Heap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Todd Heap

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:54 pm

I don't see Chris Brown as an injury case. I think he hurt his shoulder one game when he fell on it awkwardly out of bounds, not from normal contact. And his turf toe injury could happen to anyone; again not an injury normally sustained from contact. However, all people remember is that he missed a ton of action last year, but none of it was really from getting hit in the game. He just had a couple goofy injuries.

Additionally, he still not a target of mine because Tennessee's team is pretty bad in general. They lost Mason and Fred Miller (their best OL) and McNair has become fragile. The worst part is the defense is easily the worst in the NFL, which means their offense might not be on the field that much and could be trailing a great deal of the time.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:09 am

Azrael wrote:I don't see Chris Brown as an injury case. I think he hurt his shoulder one game when he fell on it awkwardly out of bounds, not from normal contact. And his turf toe injury could happen to anyone; again not an injury normally sustained from contact. However, all people remember is that he missed a ton of action last year, but none of it was really from getting hit in the game. He just had a couple goofy injuries.

Additionally, he still not a target of mine because Tennessee's team is pretty bad in general. They lost Mason and Fred Miller (their best OL) and McNair has become fragile. The worst part is the defense is easily the worst in the NFL, which means their offense might not be on the field that much and could be trailing a great deal of the time.

;-D Thank you Az. I won't hijack this thread completely but this is really nothing more than a myth about C. Brown. Turf toe for those that don't know is a dislocation of the big toe. The injuries name doesn't do it justice. Could you imagine being an athlete at that level, especially a running back, and trying to play through that? Rap him if you will for not having a high enough pain tolerance and coming out of games early, but don't label him as injury prone. If you are going to make that assertion, then Heap should most definitely be labelled that way as well.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk