I need some insight on some draft strategies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I need some insight on some draft strategies

Moderator: Football Moderators

I need some insight on some draft strategies

Postby hotrdlvr11 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:20 pm

I play in a ten team, non keeper league. I would like to know of some strategies that could be used on draft day.
hotrdlvr11

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:28 pm

what number pick do you have? are you in a yardage league? all things being equal, grab 1(maybe 2) running backs by the second round.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:28 pm

rb, rb , rb , rb, ahh just 2 in the first 2 rounds and possible 3 in the first 3 rounds if your league has a flex position. besides that wait on qbs bc there is always value in later rounds for them. besides that k, d can wait bc its really a hit or miss position to hit on.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Clevelander » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:37 pm

in a 10 team league i disagree...there'salot of top players to get in the 1st 5 picks...be aware of how other teams are drafting when your filling your team...

middle towards last i'd snag a mcallister/portis/henry type of back...then wrap with a stud WR, harrison/owens/or moss...then on your next urn around get your stud QB if there, ive grabbed culpepper in 2 league witha later 3rd pick becuase of everyone grabbing RB's...from there get your other back, like a garner/davis/dillon or green...a final selection on your next couple..maybe a top TE or another good WR like rice/toomer/coles/garner..someone like that...

at the top of the draft get your williams/holmes/tomlinson and as the wrap up comes around take a QB or stud receiver if there, prob. moss, then continue to take your other RB like the names above...

D's and K's shouldnt be taken at all in the 1st 8 round at least' in your draft unless you like where your team is at.

hope this helps....
Clevelander
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:45 pm

i'm going to disagree, here. if tampa's d is still around in the 7th round, take them. if not, and they're gone in the 8th, take miami...if you get neither, then sit back and wait until the last couple rounds.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:55 pm

You are definately not going to get a garner/davis/dillon or green in the 4th round in a 10 team league. Don't be stupid and think you can. Draft RB, RB the first two rounds and then WR or TE the next 2 rounds. Then draft the best available player, but wait on QB until at least the 7th round. Also don't draft a Kicker until the last round or so and same with defense.

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk