What factors do you use to decide your ratings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What factors do you use to decide your ratings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What factors do you use to decide your ratings?

Postby hastur » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:05 pm

So far, I'm looking at the Cafe's cheat sheets as my 'base' rankings, but also 'tweak' them with other factors(yes, I know the cafe cheat sheets already factors these in) including:

O-line ratings
ease of schedule
red zone tendencies(thanks Bags!)
my own 'gut' feelings

What facts, stats, figures and info do you use to determine your positional rankings?
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:40 pm

Consistency and reliability go a long way with me. Everyone called me crazy last year when I said Shaun Alexander should be drafted ahead of Portis and even Priest, and that only LT should have been drafted higher. (and it turns out even LT shouldn't have been)

But I try to stay away from RB's that are over 30, have had a history of injuries, or have up and down years (C-Mart, Tiki) unfortunately guys that fit that bill are few and far between, and after LT and SA you're pretty much going to have risk whether it be age, injury, new team, unproven, etc.

So consistency and reliability are the main thing I look at, not just with RB's but with all positions. After that, O-line, schedule, etc. play a pretty even role.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk