My Incredible Journey (Yellowstone) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Incredible Journey (Yellowstone)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dirt Bag » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:56 pm

whoa i just noticed the new fantasy soccer, racing, golf and the drafts page, cool i like idea of the drafts page
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:34 am

good to have you back bro....glad you had fun ;-D

and no..you didnt miss too much. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:23 am

First 4 Days In Jackson Hole

Well we stayed in a condo in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Pretty fancy but i wont talk about it. The first day it was like5:00 P.M when i got there so i didnt do much, well i went to this cool Aerial Tram and rode up to the top of a 12,000 foot mountain. It was pretty cold, i was the only one in shorts and a t-shirt everyone was looking at me like i was crazy or something, but it was like a typical fall day in minnesota to me. It was a 12 minute scenic ride to the top. The next day i went to Yellowstone and saw Old Faithful and a bunch of little geysers, Faithful was pretty awesome. Then i walked this long trail to a few waterfalls, got to see some buffalo up close, like 25 feet away!! Saw lots of moose and like hundreds of prarie dogs. The next day i went to a place whitewater rafting. Pretty boring compared to what i thought it would be, but still fun i guess. That took up most of the day, the rest of the day i just walked around downtown Jackson Hole and went to a couple cool stores for some souvieners. The last day i had to check out of the condo at 10:00 so i headed throught Yellowstone to a hotel we had reserved in Gardiner, Montano.

More coming later.

P.S. Again i say this is less than half of what i did and it was alot more scenic and fun that i made it sound.[/u]
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:49 am

Sounds awesome. I hope to get up that way with the family some day soon. At least some time before the supervolcano beneath Yellowstone goes off :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:40 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Well here goes,

Thermopolis, Wyoming

Is that where Thuper Man lives?

Cool stuff welcome back. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:44 pm

no you thinking of metropolis i think
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:13 pm

man the general talk thread seems D-E-A-D, DEAD, after i came back
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Well i have nothing better to do now so.....

My next 2 days in Montana

Well i drove through Yellowstone on my way to the hotel in Montana. So i stopped at a few places like another geyser basin, which was kind of boring after seeing the other one. Also, went to mammoth Hot Springs, Tower Fall, and a bunch of waterfalls. At about 4:00 P.M. it started to storm pretty horribly so we headed to the hotel in Gardiner, Montana. Gardiner is a very small town where for some odd reason the hotels are FILLED with chinese people. Seriously, the hotel i was at was 2/3 chinese people if not more. Well, so besides the chinese it is pretty normal i guess. Well the next day was boring cus it was still pouring rain and off and on hail. So i went to a nearby bowling alley and hung out there for awhile then went back to hotel and hottubbed and whatnot. They had a sauna there and this one chinese guy passed out in there, luckily i wasnt in there at the time. I will give you a brief description of the drive home: long, boring, and long.

Well i guess thats it. Hmm i think i gergot to mention Devils Tower i stopped there on the way to yellowstone. it is pretty amazing to think about it after you see it. i mean like how it got there and why is looks like it is.

Thanks for reading. Hope you all can go there sometime, its amazing!!! ;-D
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:56 pm

Chamberlain, the coolest city in South Dakota, (it has to do with my name). That is also where we finally got our flat tire fixed. We were staying outside of Hill City, SD in the mountains. We were leaving at like 2 am. We pulled out of the driveway (gravel) and noticed our tire was flat. So at 2 am my dad and I were changing a tire on a big van on a gravel road on a hill. We drove all over looking for a place to get it fixed, we finally decided to drive and see how long it would last.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:36 am

heh nice story PA, oh yeah i fergot to mention, if you ever are driving through North Dakota, DONT stop and eat at the perkins in Dickinson, bad service, like 20 min before they even came out and asked us what drinks we wanted, burnt food... :-P
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk