Wish they had this when I was in School *Upset* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wish they had this when I was in School *Upset*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wish they had this when I was in School *Upset*

Postby nebbie2004 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:29 am

Arrgh!..................because I would of had the addiction alot sooner.

Fantasy Footballl Class for 5th and 6th Graders;

http://eduref.org/Virtual/Lessons/Physi ... P0003.html
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:22 am

Wow, that's pretty sweet! What's next, Minesweeper 101?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:00 am

Actually, this doesn't sound like a bad idea... might be a good way to get some of the kids who really hate math class to start having some fun with numbers.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:00 am

Doesn't sound like that great of an idea to me...what'll be next, poker classes to teach percentages?

okay so I'm a bit jealous... :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:37 am

What if that player that they have wrtten down as their starting rb gets taken before they pick? }:-)

That's got to be the best idea for a math class I've ever heard ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:49 am

It's commonly used as a way for students to understand data analysis. I've never had class like this, but I wish I did.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:12 am

This would be a great class. BTW I did play poker in class(chemistry, english and calculus) as seniors in high school(early 90's). We played with about 4 or 5 guys, kept track on paper how much was owed to each other and at the end of the day or week we would pay each other and then start over.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:30 am

Very creative idea. I remember we had a class called outdoor education, a science class. Combined Zoology and Botany but made it fun. We got to go out and observe insects and animals. When we were taught about different species of fish, we got to make fishing poles and were taught how to tie flies, were taught boaters safety and were given boaters safety certificates . We also learned about hunters safety and were allowed to take the hunters safety test. For extra credit we went skeet shooting with the teacher at his hunting club. We were taught about preservation and illegal dumping of chemicals, as a field trip we went to a local river and cleaned the trash and debris out of the river and its banks. That is one of the very few classes i ever looked forward to going to everyday. A real good buddy of mine is a teacher, we play in a league together. Im gonna have to let him know that he can teach FF to his kids.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:38 am

Sounds like a pretty good idea, but it also sounds frustrating as hell.... I can just see myself sitting in class trying desperately to explain to a bunch of people that just won't get it why it's a better play to pick up Kevin Jones than Tiki Barber....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:50 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Sounds like a pretty good idea, but it also sounds frustrating as hell.... I can just see myself sitting in class trying desperately to explain to a bunch of people that just won't get it why it's a better play to pick up Kevin Jones than Tiki Barber....

Please have the report on my desk by tomorrow morning ;-D

would it be cheating if one kid joined the cafe and didn't tell anyone about it :-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk