I am a quarterback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I am a quarterback

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I am a quarterback

Postby benm3218 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:55 am

maddog60 wrote:
Ironhorse75 wrote:SI's latest cover story on Vick.

"A lot of football people rightfully question his credentials as a pocket passer," one AFC general manager said last week. "You can't criticize any other part of his game,

Yes, you can. Watch how he holds the ball when scrambling. He doesn't have his arm held high threatening to pass, nor does he tuck the ball and protect it from defenders. No, Vick holds the ball waist high, in one hand, away from his body. Football fundamentals folks; he lacks them. There is a reason why Vick fumbles so much, because he doesn't protect the ball. This is not the kind of techniques that coaches wait till the NFL level to teach, yet Vick still doesn't do it. So if you're the Falcons, what you've got is a QB who doesn't protect the ball and likes to dance around with the opposing pass-rush alot. That's a game losing turnover waiting to happen.

lol hahahaha you are a comic genius, even though you probably weren't intending to be. I agree with your whole post, but loved the portion above.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:57 am

I really like the fact that he now recognizes his own mistakes.

It'll be interesting to see how this year goes. This will be the first time he's playing in the same scheme for a 2nd year. Though I don't think it will be until next year that we'll see things come to fruition if they do.

A lot of people seem to forget in the 2nd half of the 2002 season he was turning into a decent passer. In the final 8 games he was averaging about 230 yards a game.

We have yet to really see him develope in any kind of system really.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:31 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:Vick is an exciting player who is a lot of fun to watch. An exciting player like this who doesn't run down traffic cops, hold out or shoot up is very good for football. I wish him the best of luck this year. If he craps out it's the fans who will end up losing.

Yes - Ron Mexico is a fine upstanding role model. ;-D

:-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk