Return to General Talk

Try and throw this one back

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:26 pm

Never mind trying to throw it back, try landing it !!! :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:24 pm

I don't know about that fish but fish, catfish especially, will grow as large as their surroundings will allow.

For all of you that have seen the movie "The Mothman Trilogy" The collapse of the bridge in the movie actually happened. The divers that went down to retrieve bodies in that part of the Ohio river (almost 100 feet deep) saw shadows the size of sharks (15-20 feet). some of them even refused to go back down.

How do I know that? I am from the area and one of my fathers good friends was one of the divers hired by the state to go down for body retrival. I have heard the stories many times.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:36 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:I don't know about that fish but fish, catfish especially, will grow as large as their surroundings will allow.

For all of you that have seen the movie "The Mothman Trilogy" The collapse of the bridge in the movie actually happened. The divers that went down to retrieve bodies in that part of the Ohio river (almost 100 feet deep) saw shadows the size of sharks (15-20 feet). some of them even refused to go back down.

How do I know that? I am from the area and one of my fathers good friends was one of the divers hired by the state to go down for body retrival. I have heard the stories many times.

Im not all that familiar with the Ohio river, but either the shadows were cast at odd angles making them appear larger or they saw sturgeon.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:59 pm

Anyone else find it funny that mutantseabass posted about a freakishly large fish? :-b

But damn.. Imagine eating that thing. Unless you really liked fish like I do, it'd take forever to eat it if you liked variety...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:08 pm

Manja wrote:Anyone else find it funny that mutantseabass posted about a freakishly large fish? :-b

But damn.. Imagine eating that thing. Unless you really liked fish like I do, it'd take forever to eat it if you liked variety...

Gotta keep it in the family man ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:26 am

houstonherdfan wrote:I don't know about that fish but fish, catfish especially, will grow as large as their surroundings will allow.

8-o 8-o 8-o i dont need to know stuff like that :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:25 am

That fish was almost as big as "the one that got away" last summer in Canada ;-)

Hell, I made a fishing trip all the way to British Columbia and I was satisfied with a few 15 pound kings.

But why are they bothering to eat that thing, don't catfish taste like crap? And when they get that big, it doesn't taste as good.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:35 am

MeShawn wrote:But why are they bothering to eat that thing, don't catfish taste like crap? And when they get that big, it doesn't taste as good.

Wrong and right.
Catfish taste great ... actually delightful with the exception of Mud Cats, who scavenge off the bottom and eat unmentionables.
And yes, bigger catfish don't taste as good. 2 -3 pounders are just the right size to eat.
Biggest catfish around here are in the hundred pound range and live in the deep water around the dam at the local lake. Same stories here as elsewhere ... divers go down and see them and get the h#ll out of there. 8-o
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

It is Thailand, im sure the villagers were rather excited to have that big of a meal. Catfish in the spring do taste rather good.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:02 am

Myabe that's why "Charlie Don't Surf"!!!!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk