Whats the deal with Garner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats the deal with Garner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats the deal with Garner?

Postby Danz » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:58 pm

Last I read was he was trying to get to 90% to play. Jammed knee or something. When does the Fargas bandwagon start?? Anybody have any new info on this? Thanks
Danz

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:09 pm

Dennis Georgatos, Mercury News

Running back Charlie Garner missed practice again and won't play Friday night against the Vikings, Callahan said. Garner bruised his left knee Aug. 11 and missed the 49ers game. Callahan said Garner is better but gave no timetable for his return.

Tyrone Wheatley will make a second consecutive start Friday, but rookie Justin Fargas also will get some early playing time. Fargas has 198 yards in 35 carries in the first two exhibitions.

``I wanted to get him some work in the second quarter at some point,'' Callahan said. ``I want to see him behind that first offensive line. It may not be a lot of carries or touches, but I really want to see how he operates in the protection game, how he runs his routes. We're confident he can run the ball. We just want to see him in other phases of the game.''

Garner said he has seen enough of Fargas, a third-round pick out of USC, to be impressed.

``I think he's going to be a talented player,'' Garner said.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby converge241 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:32 pm

im so mad about this i have charlie garner and ladanian who both have had some "ouchies" the past couple of days
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk