NFL Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:16 pm

From PFW:Aug. 21, 2003

Random quotes from around the NFL

Falcons QB Mike Vick, who suffered a broken leg last Saturday vs. the Ravens, on what his frame of mind will be when he returns to the field: “I will be the same Michael Vick that I was last year, that I was last week. Nothing's changed about me. I won't play timid and I won't play scared, I promise you that.''

Vick on the replay of his injury, which came on a tackle by Ravens LB-DE Adalius Thomas: “I haven't seen it. I will look at it eventually, but right now I don't want to see it.”

Falcons backup QB Doug Johnson on the mental outlook he has playing behind a mobile quarterback like Vick: “You've got to keep your mind in the game. You're not playing behind someone like Brett Favre or Peyton Manning. You figure guys that stay in the pocket are not going to get injured as much. With Michael's running ability, I had to stay in the game.”

Johnson on how it was playing for Florida under then-coach Steve Spurrier: “There's no greater pressure in the NFL. I played in front of more people at Florida than I'll ever play in front of in the NFL.”

Browns head coach Butch Davis on why he picked Kelly Holcomb to be the Browns’ starting quarterback over Tim Couch: “It was a gut feeling. My own personal gut feeling after talking to coaches, looking at them (Holcomb and Couch) and watching practice for two and a half years. I believe Kelly Holcomb has earned the opportunity.”

Holcomb, 30, who played very well when Couch was injured a season ago, on finally becoming a full-time starter: “It's something that you want to do your whole life, being a starting quarterback in the NFL. It's a humbling experience. It shows that working hard and perseverance … because there were times where I said, the hill is too big to climb and I want no part of this. But I never quit. It does make it worthwhile.”

Couch, the No. 1 overall pick in 1999, on being benched: “I never envisioned this day. But when you've had as many injuries as I've had, and you miss games and you give the backup quarterback a chance to come in and play, and he plays well, you know chances are there for this to happen. And Kelly has taken advantage of those opportunities.”

Steelers head coach Bill Cowher on benching — but not writing off — RB Jerome Bettis: “This is not like a quarterback situation where you can't keep going back and forth. That creates disruption in your offense. You can very easily change running backs.”

Colts RB Edgerrin James, whose dislike for the preseason is well-known and who missed last week's game vs. Seattle with what the team said was a hamstring injury, on hearing the NFL used to play six preseason games when it had a 14-game regular-season schedule: “Six games? I'd pull my hamstring for real.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NFL Quotes.

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:38 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:From PFW:Aug. 21, 2003

Colts RB Edgerrin James, whose dislike for the preseason is well-known and who missed last week's game vs. Seattle with what the team said was a hamstring injury, on hearing the NFL used to play six preseason games when it had a 14-game regular-season schedule: “Six games? I'd pull my hamstring for real.”

Love it or hate it,,,, its a good one^^^^^
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:47 pm

Yeah, and I got him at #2 RB on my more serious, "competitive" team. Go Edge ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:53 pm

What is Cowher thinking?, or am I seeing a different game then he is? Bettis looked pretty good while Amos looked tentative, a flaw that has gotten him in hot water in the past. I have to agree with Edge, exhibition games are worthless for great veterans. Barry Sanders probably played about 50 preseason plays in his career and he was pretty good. I really wish they would shorten the preseason and add another regular season game or two.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SinCity » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:40 am

Thats awsome stuff thanks.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk