Yahoo Trade question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Trade question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Trade question

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:50 pm

Okay - I have a trade pending in my Yahoo Public League since Friday - anybody know how long this trade will be pending before it passes? Here are the league settings:

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: November 18, 2005
    Trade Review: League Votes

The Trade Reject time is 2 (2 what?!?) and League Votes - does this mean I have to wait until the whole league votes for it to pass or what? I ask because it doesn't look like the whole league is actively participating yet and I don't want to wait too long as the WW and FA pool has some decent options (though not as good as the trade) right now... Argh....
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:56 am

Two words: Wrong Forum.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:57 am

Bennett4prez wrote:Two words: Wrong Forum.

Okay smartypants - what forum should I use then? It's pretty much a football leftover question no?
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Pjluva10 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:49 am

A trade wont go through on Yahoo until the other owner accepts it (obviously). In your case it looks as if a trade will be pending for 2 days. Since your league is set for league trade reviews the other teams in the league will vote to let a trade go through. After the two days if more votes say yes than no yourself and the owner to whom you purposed the trade can make the deal What will happen if the other owner accepts it is you will then get a message that he has accepted the trade then you will have to verify once again that you want the trade to go through. After that the players are switched. If I remember correctly you will need to switch the players you receive to your starting roster.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:13 am

Pjluva10 wrote:A trade wont go through on Yahoo until the other owner accepts it (obviously). In your case it looks as if a trade will be pending for 2 days. Since your league is set for league trade reviews the other teams in the league will vote to let a trade go through. After the two days if more votes say yes than no yourself and the owner to whom you purposed the trade can make the deal What will happen if the other owner accepts it is you will then get a message that he has accepted the trade then you will have to verify once again that you want the trade to go through. After that the players are switched. If I remember correctly you will need to switch the players you receive to your starting roster.

Thanks PJ - it looks like it went through now - I was just concerned I would have to wait for every owner to vote and as I mentioned there are a few of them who don't seem too active...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:19 am

Bennett4prez wrote:Two words: Wrong Forum.

;-D
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 pm

It's not necessarily posted in the wrong forum. The question pertains to more of Yahoo's functionality, and not a trade request.

If you're gonna make a point of using "Wrong Forum", at least use the damn thing right.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:19 pm

awwchrist wrote:It's not necessarily posted in the wrong forum. The question pertains to more of Yahoo's functionality, and not a trade request.

If you're gonna make a point of using "Wrong Forum", at least use the damn thing right.

Thanks aww - of course that would require a bit of effort on their part - they'd actually have to read my post instead of just spamming it...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Spaghetti Strap » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:26 pm

Just so you know: when your league is set to 'league votes,' a trade will be vetoed if 1/3 of the owners in your league protest it.

It's rounded up, so in a 10-team league, four owners would have to protest it (12 teams, 4 votes, 13 teams, 5 votes, etc.).

Personally, I prefer the commissioner control option (assuming you have an established/trustworthy commish). If the commish is in control, he can push the trade through immediately rather than waiting on the review period. Can be very helpful if a deal is struck friday or saturday.
Spaghetti Strap
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:34 pm

League votes is dumb unless you play with a rational group. I'm assuming that this league is a Yahoo public league...therefore, the people are irrational overreactionists.

They'll veto the fairest of trades just because it makes one team slightly stronger.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk