Harrison/Owens/Moss and MeShawn???????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrison/Owens/Moss and MeShawn????????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harrison/Owens/Moss and MeShawn????????

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:47 pm

if Harrison/Moss/Owens hover around the 200 pt. mark how much do ya think MeShawn Johnson will get???

I am very curious about this cuz I own him for the first time in 7 years, I've always hated him but my gut kicked in, so I own him. thx.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:18 pm

He's never been a solid fantasy producer, just a big name type of guy that gets lots of attention. I don't hate him, but I'd never have him on my fantasy team. He makes a horrible #1, a shaky #2, and a decent to good #3.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Questi4110 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:21 pm

I think he makes an excellent 2nd. Come on, he isn't that bad.
Questi4110
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:24 pm

Who is this MeShawn? Who does he play for? Just kidding I think Johnson is a good number 2 and a great number 3.

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:25 pm

id agree with vhawk on this one.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:58 pm

i had harrison, owens and keyshawn last year. and johnson definitely had problems pulling his weight. i ended up trading him. running the numbers, i see his end-of-year fantasy stats werent that bad, but i know how shaky they were. and they look similar to his numbers two years ago and i bet those were shady as well. even though i think TB's OFF will be more prolific, i would still watch out for that dude. there are probably better fantasy options out there.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby iceman88 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:44 pm

I think Keyshawn is going to have a great year. I don't think he's in the class with Harrison, Owens, Or Moss but as the majority have said, he's not bad for a two and especially a number three receiver. You have to keep in mind, that Tampa will probably not have a good running game this year and I can see them actually passing the ball alot more, and Johnson being the go to guy.
iceman88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:23 am

He's got a history of not getting TD's, and he has a tendency to fumble when hit hard. I wouldn't want him as my team's #1 WR, and as a fantasy WR he struggles to make it as a #2. I think Gruden will get him his TD's. I can see 7-8 TD's, 10 would be a huge year for Keyshawn.

He's not reliable week in and week out, but few WR's are. At least he is big enough to get some cheap scores in the red zone.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:19 am

my 2 cents -

Ive always hated key. However, with gruden overhauling the offense, whos to say Key isnt grudens Rice in this offense. It really is hard to guage how he will do because of the offensive overhall and the emphasis on the short passing game - something that suits meshawn perfectly. he could have 2 touchdowns or 12.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby richwyld » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:44 am

i think johnson is a good number 3 but nothing above that
richwyld
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next