Chris Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:47 am

I'm just wondering if it might not be a good idea to draft him in hopes of trading him later, perhaps after a couple of good games, or right after the draft. Find the chump that drafted a QB too early and make him an offer for Brown. Who knows, if you get him late 3rd, he might pay off for you.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMoneyMan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:11 pm

Brown does not have a solid frame and runs to straight up. He has skills, but with his running style, he takes to many hard hits. He has the skills, but he has to avoid the injury.
Fantasy Money Man
FantasyChallenge.com
FantasyMoneyMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:52 pm

what injury does he have right now? is he still suffering from turf toe? someone please update me!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:57 pm

His injury right now is a broken hand. He hit it on someone's helmet I believe.

He just doesn't have quite the heart to do it yet.

You hit the nail on the head there. He won't play through minor injuries. I remember Fisher called him out last year and said he needed to suck it up a little.

Not a good sign. If you don't have heart already, I doubt he will ever have it.

I'll let someone else have the headache.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby catch22 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:10 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:The result is going to be a LOT of playing from behind, which doesn't typically bode well for RB's.... I'm avoiding Brown this year....

Im not sold on this idea. If you look at many of the top backs, they play on teams that lost many games and were behind.

NYG/DAL/WASH - all were 6-10 and outscored but produced fairly productive RB's. Tiki was the #1 back. By being behind that also gives your back many chances at dump passes, as was the case for DD last year. I wouldnt pay much attention to that. I think Brown is a great sleeper pick but wouldnt take him any earlier than late 4th.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:57 pm

If and when Travis Henry signs with another team besides Tennessee, Chris Brown is likely to end up on a lot of my teams.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby aussieboy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:26 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:His injury right now is a broken hand. He hit it on someone's helmet I believe.

He just doesn't have quite the heart to do it yet.

You hit the nail on the head there. He won't play through minor injuries. I remember Fisher called him out last year and said he needed to suck it up a little.

Not a good sign. If you don't have heart already, I doubt he will ever have it.

I'll let someone else have the headache.

sorry, but that's a load of rubbish.

how can you question a guy who doesn't suit up for a physical sport like football because he has a broken hand or has serious pain in his foot?

I bet the people that question athlete's desire or heart or lack of pain threshhold, are the ones that would take a week off work if they came down with a cold. Unless you know Chris Brown, don't pretend to assume how much desire or heart he has.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shader » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:38 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Aside from his injury concern, is the fact that Tennessee's defense got flat-out raped over the course of the past two seasons.... The result is going to be a LOT of playing from behind, which doesn't typically bode well for RB's.... I'm avoiding Brown this year....

TN had a great defense two years ago, when they almost beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

Tennessee's situation is perfectly fine for Brown to thrive in. He's got an awesome qb, and a very solid OL. What would scare me about Brown is the injury situation and the potential of trading for Travis Henry.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bellybrother » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:14 pm

Kensat30 wrote:If and when Travis Henry signs with another team besides Tennessee, Chris Brown is likely to end up on a lot of my teams.

Exactly. With my 11 and 14 picks, I am considering taking Moss and T.O. If I do, Im hoping to get Brown in the 3rd......if Henry doesn't show up.
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:48 pm

Last I heard, Jacksonville was the team looking hard at Henry.

Chris Brown is seen as an injury problem but I can't put that on him. He really wasn't hurt much except for the turf toe which is very painful and is something that anyone could get.

However, I just think there are better options out there at RB that I will go after in his place.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk