who am i? (answered) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Trivia Time Trial

who am i? (answered)

Moderator: Football Trivia Mods

who am i? (answered)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:41 pm

This player was the first NFL player to score a TD in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

He was inducted into the Hall of Fame the same year as a coach who coached both the Chiefs and the Saints.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PHI » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:52 am

James Lofton?

He was with the Packers in the late 70's until about the mid- to late 80's. And was with the Bills into the early 90's. He may have played with a couple of other teams too, I don't remember. Not positive he scored in all three decades, but seems very likely since he was great with the Packers, and still very good with the Bills as best as I can remember. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame with Hank Stram (who coached the Chiefs and Saints), as well as Marcus Allen and some others. That was just a few years ago, I believe.<br><br><span class=gensmall>Accepted as answer by disgruntledjetsfan on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:02 pm EST.</span>
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:25 pm

PHI wrote:James Lofton?

He was with the Packers in the late 70's until about the mid- to late 80's. And was with the Bills into the early 90's. He may have played with a couple of other teams too, I don't remember. Not positive he scored in all three decades, but seems very likely since he was great with the Packers, and still very good with the Bills as best as I can remember. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame with Hank Stram (who coached the Chiefs and Saints), as well as Marcus Allen and some others. That was just a few years ago, I believe.

Good call, looks right to me. ;-D Not sure if he was the first to score a touchdown in those three decades, but he did.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:04 pm

Yep Lofton it is, great find, sorry I didn't check ya off sooner. ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Return to Trivia Time Trial