Carson Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:33 pm

bagobonez wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I like Palmer's potential alot but no way do I take him before Favre, Collins, or Green. I do think he will surprise the average fan though.

If Kerry Collins has a better fantasy season than Trent Green I will label myself the dumbest fantasy player ever. That's just not going to happen barring injury.

You don't think Collins has the potential to throw 30 touchdown passes this season? Not saying he will...but I can almost guarantee Green won't...and for the first time in four years, I can almost guarantee Green won't improve on his past season's numbers. I expect him to have a solid year as always, but IMO to finally be drafted ahead of his true value.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:40 pm

Palmer can very easily be grabbed as a backup for your squad if you play your cards right. I wouldn't draft a high price QB(in terms of drafted round) like Manning, C-Pepp, McNabb. You could wait on your QB and take a guy like Favre, Delhomme, or Brady and still grab Palmer as a backup and your QB situation should be a strong point of you team. Strong in terms of depth and trade bait if you choose so during the season, if Palmer explodes.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:52 pm

Flux wrote:People are way too low on Favre every year, and he tends to do very well. In my money/keeper league he has finished 4th among QBs the past 2 years, and is generally picked way late.

Green is always consistent, and do you really think that Collins w/ Moss and Porter and now a running game is going to do poorly?

Look, im a huge bengals fan, and have nothing but GREAT things to say about Carson, but until he can do what he did for those few games over an entire year, then he just isnt yet worth as high of a pick as a lot of people are taking him at. Hes going to play BAL and PIT twice a year, and thats just tough. Yes I realize he put up great #s vs some tough D's last year, but he also put up some bad #s vs bad teams. The guy is young still

Now talk to me next year and Ill more than likely call him a top 5 QB, but its still a bit early for that

This dovetails in a bit

Interesting Tidbit of the Week

Over the past three seasons, eighteen quarterbacks have averaged 200+ fantasy points per season. The top ten quarterbacks in total fantasy points over that span are as follows:

Daunte Culpepper - 1,114 FP
Peyton Manning - 1,060 FP
Trent Green - 930 FP
Aaron Brooks - 899 FP
Donovan McNabb - 876 FP
Brett Favre - 862 FP
Tom Brady - 860 FP
Matt Hasselbeck - 791 FP
Jake Plummer - 758 FP
Marc Bulger - 732 FP

http://www.footballguys.com/05smith_water6.htm

Pretty good company in that top 10. Goes to show that Favre isn't the only one flying low.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:07 am

I was going to wait and take my QB late, and Palmer fell to me in the 9th. But by some miracle of luck, Bulger was still available so I took him instead (Bulger was the odd man out with some owners gambling on Vick Delhomme and the like).
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bellybrother » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:03 pm

skinsfan wrote:I was going to wait and take my QB late, and Palmer fell to me in the 9th. But by some miracle of luck, Bulger was still available so I took him instead (Bulger was the odd man out with some owners gambling on Vick Delhomme and the like).

Bulger in the 9th is relatively huge. With the supposedly improved blocking he should have this year and the continued developement of the #3 and #4 wr's, and a backfield that, may be trouble fantasy wise, but surely will be effective enough on the real stage to keep defenses honest...not to mention Holt and Bruce.....and a pass happy play caller, that could be the steal of the draft.
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 pm

bellybrother wrote:
skinsfan wrote:I was going to wait and take my QB late, and Palmer fell to me in the 9th. But by some miracle of luck, Bulger was still available so I took him instead (Bulger was the odd man out with some owners gambling on Vick Delhomme and the like).

Bulger in the 9th is relatively huge. With the supposedly improved blocking he should have this year and the continued developement of the #3 and #4 wr's, and a backfield that, may be trouble fantasy wise, but surely will be effective enough on the real stage to keep defenses honest...not to mention Holt and Bruce.....and a pass happy play caller, that could be the steal of the draft.

what improved blocking? I thought the Rams OLine continues to get worse this yr. They have 2 holes, 2 aging vets, and one stud.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby skinsfan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:53 pm

Plus I took Holt with my 3rd rounder :-)
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:39 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
bellybrother wrote:

what improved blocking? I thought the Rams OLine continues to get worse this yr. They have 2 holes, 2 aging vets, and one stud.

I think he was refering to Alex "Bust" Barron, or maybe it was Mr. Incognito... I don't see the Ram's line improving anytime soon. Both of their rookies look like projects to me.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The Lung » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:23 pm

There's a cheesey "2005 Players Guide to Fantasy Football" pull-out section in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated, written by David Sabino.

Though the pull-out is brief, Carson Palmer is highly touted three separate times; in the inside cover with Chad Johnson, again along with CJ in the "Theory of Compound Interest," and under the Bengals team section where Palmer is listed as a must-have.

Sabino is either trying to look the genious at the end of the season with a bold sleeper pick, or has his head up his ass. I can't decide which.
Last edited by The Lung on Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby BigMusky » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:33 pm

If John Kitna can break into the top 5 with the Bengals...I sure as hell believe Palmer can. Like has been said...the price is right on this guy to throw a later draft pick on instead of some cookie cutter receiver that you can find anytime.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk