Carson Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:18 pm

TD heavy scoring favors the lucky because TDs are so unpredictable.

A TD that a RB punches in from 2 yards away, should not be worth more than 120 total yards of offense.

A TD pass should not be worth the same as 300 passing yards.

That's ridiculous.
---

One guy can have terrible players and 1 or 2 players that have a big game for 3 or 4 TDs and win versus a guy who has solid performers all around. Way too much luck involved.. You can't win in yardage leagues if you start scrubs and pray for TDs.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:51 pm

C. Palmer looked U.G.L.Y. in his first preseason game against the Patriots. 4/11 for 37 yards with an INT.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby cruiz03 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:43 pm

He did not look good at all. He tried forcing the into triple covereage. Not a smart move.
Keeper Roster:
QB: B. Rothlesburgh, C. Palmer
RB: S. Alexander, L. Johnson,
WR: T. Holt, Burress, M. Clayton, B. Edwards
TE: T. Heap
DT: Steelers

** Superbowl Champion AFFL 2003 & 2005**
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:09 am

Keep the debate rolling, I was considering possibly keeping Palmer in one league. Someone mentioned a few names that they rated before him and I was wondering if they could comment on these lesser mentioned qbs and where they were in respects to Carson.

Plummer
Pennington
McNair/Volek
Warner

Plummer_ seemed to have some shining moments last year and while is maybe equal to a guy like Aaron Brooks in terms of inconsistency, there isn't the being benched risk with Shanny.

Penny, McNair_ figure to be on teams that are gonna throw a bit more based on the MOs of the coordinators that are stepping in.

Warner_ looked good last year for the most part and Denny seems to be putting together a fantasy friendly group in Zona.
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:50 am

skinsfan wrote: So in the public, I would take Palmer because I'm concerned about Green's TD total.

:-?

in the last 3 years greens TD totals:

2002- 26, 1 rushing
2003- 24, 2 rushing
2004- 27

id be hard pressed to think palmer will throw up more than 25 tds this year which is less than any of the last 3 years from green. there is no way i would pass on green for palmer.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby noyz » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:06 pm

I am going to target Palmer like I did Delhome last year. Great value in rounds 8+ in a 12 team league.
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:00 am

I have drafted Palmer in every league I'm in this year... I have great faith in this kid. Never mind that he was a #1 overall... in fact, you can even assume he sucks (I don't, but follow me on this). His supporting cast alone makes him a top 10 QB. One could say Joey Harrington has quite the cast too without doing well, but Carson has something Joey doesn't... a killer o-line, which if you don't think that makes or breaks anyone, I say this... a solid o-line is without a doubt the most important thing a team can have to succeed. Mediocre personnel can preform well with a strong front 5.

now, you can get into the other equations... USC QB, 1st overall, 1300 rusher to accompany him, 3 great big play receivers, improving defensive support, continued improving play... especially in a dynasty league, grab this guy. And as already said, worth a starting role in a 12-teamer... maybe 8 teamer. Could produce top-6 numbers... (though I predict more in the 8-10 range).

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk