Titan fans, Steve McNair info please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titan fans, Steve McNair info please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titan fans, Steve McNair info please

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:30 am

What is the vibe on McNair? I have seen him undrevalued, methinks, in many drafts. Does anyone have any insight as to how he has recovered from his Sternum injury and what is the feel about the new OC?
Two years ago he was co-MVP and now he is suddenly a lower mid-level QB? Do I smell a bargain, or are there no WRs left to throw to?

Any insight is appreciated.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:33 am

I love the Titans. I live in Nashville. But, i will avoid him. He is a huge risk. I will probably pick up Volek off waivers or with one of my last draft picks. I find Volek much more exciting for fantasy potential.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:48 am

Steve mcnair is a huge risk, but, if he can stay healthy, he could be a big steal, i wouldnt draft him as my starter.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Shader » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:13 pm

I would of course be careful where I drafted him, but if you can get him as a steal, you could be very happy with the results. McNair is supposedly in the best shape that he's been in years, and he's got Norm Chow as his new OC.

Chow is generally considered one of the best offensive coordinators (perhaps THE best) in the history of college football. Chow's system is predicated on getting the ball out of the quarterback's hands and protecting that quarterback, which is music to McNair's ears.

Also, they have Calico, Bennett, Troupe, Chris Brown, and three rookie wide receivers who have all shown flashes in the mini-camps.

People forget that McNair won the MVP 2 years ago and he was injured last year. He could be a huge steal, imo.

I think there is always a little risk with drafting McNair, but I think the Titans offense is going to really surprise people with Chow, McNair and the young receivers.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:26 pm

Shader wrote:I would of course be careful where I drafted him, but if you can get him as a steal, you could be very happy with the results. McNair is supposedly in the best shape that he's been in years, and he's got Norm Chow as his new OC.

Chow is generally considered one of the best offensive coordinators (perhaps THE best) in the history of college football. Chow's system is predicated on getting the ball out of the quarterback's hands and protecting that quarterback, which is music to McNair's ears.

Also, they have Calico, Bennett, Troupe, Chris Brown, and three rookie wide receivers who have all shown flashes in the mini-camps.

People forget that McNair won the MVP 2 years ago and he was injured last year. He could be a huge steal, imo.

I think there is always a little risk with drafting McNair, but I think the Titans offense is going to really surprise people with Chow, McNair and the young receivers.

I agree with the new rookies and Titans being better than expected. But, I'd rather see Volek throwing to Bennet and the new guys.... I think he has more connection with Bennet, and throws a better long ball.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:28 pm

McNair's a threat on the ground too. Volek's not. I don't really see Volek supplanting a healthy McNair. It's just not going to happen. I think McNair's one of the bigger sleepers this year, and would love to have him as my backup QB.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shader » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:30 pm

Volek holds onto the ball way too long, takes sacks, is just as injury-prone as McNair, and hasn't proven that he can win games.

McNair won the MVP, has led the Titans to countless playoff victories, to the Super Bowl, and has been one of the top qb's in the league.

Sorry if I'm not jumping up and down over Volek because he hooked up with Bennett for an amazing game against a pathetic KC defense.

Give me McNair 10 out of 10 times.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:50 pm

McNair will be out hurt by Week 5.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Shader » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:36 pm

benm3218 wrote:McNair will be out hurt by Week 5.

I hope not. That means Volek will be injured by week 9, and we'll have Jason White starting!!
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:17 pm

benm3218 wrote:McNair will be out hurt by Week 5.

How soon we forget that McNair was known for getting hurt during the season...then playing the next week and putting up huge numbers. Last season he fell to Earth, I just want to know if the concensous of the Cafe braintrust (used very loosely :-b ) is for a return to McNair-ness.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk