Titan fans, Steve McNair info please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Titan fans, Steve McNair info please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benm3218 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:23 am

As I stated earlier, I live in Nashville and watch every game as well the breakdowns on the news all week following it.

I personally saw a different McNair last year even when he wasn't hurt. I saw balls fall short, sail over recievers, and go wide of them. Now as Shader will be quick to point out(and he's partially right), the recievers hold much of that blame probably...... Still he didn't seem himself to me at all. I am very afraid that he is in effect Kurt Warner of a few years ago. One year a good player, then next not 'right', but no one realises it for 2 years.....
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby Shader » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:10 am

benm3218 wrote:As I stated earlier, I live in Nashville and watch every game as well the breakdowns on the news all week following it.

I personally saw a different McNair last year even when he wasn't hurt. I saw balls fall short, sail over recievers, and go wide of them. Now as Shader will be quick to point out(and he's partially right), the recievers hold much of that blame probably...... Still he didn't seem himself to me at all. I am very afraid that he is in effect Kurt Warner of a few years ago. One year a good player, then next not 'right', but no one realises it for 2 years.....


That is absurd. McNair was hurt the entire year, so you absolutely did NOT see a different McNair last year. You saw an injured McNair. He was never healthy, he was out of shape, and his team was being ravaged by injuries.

I just can't believe that a Titans fan could get so down on someone who has done so much for the team after one injury-plagued season.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 367
Joined: 4 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:02 am

moochman wrote:
benm3218 wrote:McNair will be out hurt by Week 5.


How soon we forget that McNair was known for getting hurt during the season...then playing the next week and putting up huge numbers. Last season he fell to Earth, I just want to know if the concensous of the Cafe braintrust (used very loosely :-b ) is for a return to McNair-ness.


I think McNair will be merely average. He has the potential to be great again, but I just don't think he has the supporting cast to help him get there. McNair is one tough SOB, and one of my favorite all time players, but I can't get behind him being more than a back up FF QB from here on out.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby benm3218 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:28 am

Shader wrote:
benm3218 wrote:As I stated earlier, I live in Nashville and watch every game as well the breakdowns on the news all week following it.

I personally saw a different McNair last year even when he wasn't hurt. I saw balls fall short, sail over recievers, and go wide of them. Now as Shader will be quick to point out(and he's partially right), the recievers hold much of that blame probably...... Still he didn't seem himself to me at all. I am very afraid that he is in effect Kurt Warner of a few years ago. One year a good player, then next not 'right', but no one realises it for 2 years.....


That is absurd. McNair was hurt the entire year, so you absolutely did NOT see a different McNair last year. You saw an injured McNair. He was never healthy, he was out of shape, and his team was being ravaged by injuries.

I just can't believe that a Titans fan could get so down on someone who has done so much for the team after one injury-plagued season.



lol hahahha I am not down on him, and it has nothing to do with his past accomplishments or what he's done for the team. I just think his great days are behind him. We've seen it before, injuries can change a QB for good. It won't mean I don't respect him. I do think he HAS been the main reasons the Titan's did so well for years. I also feel he is not the same anymore, no disrespect at all.

You are a very emotional poster. You post your opinions like they are fact, and make statements without ever providing proof.....
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby xbird » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:05 am

I'm with Shader on McNair(benmn,love your legs tho)I'm a season
ticket holder. All the reports we are getting from mini-camps say
McNair is throwing the ball like he did in 2003, lots of zip. He's
lost 20 lbs and appears poised for a big year. As a Titan fan, I
love McNair as a winner- he can carry the team on his back.
Volek is the best BACKUP in the NFL. McNair thrives on pressure,
while Peyton chokes in big games(obligatory Colts dig).
Right now, I wouldn't want Steve as my fantasy starter, even
in 2003 he wasn't a great fantasy QB. If Chris Brown stays healthy, Fisher will sit on a lead and run time off the clock by
running the ball, always has, always will. I'd take McNair as my
backup any day, everytime.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 984
Joined: 1 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:42 am

xbird wrote:I'm with Shader on McNair(benmn,love your legs tho)I'm a season
ticket holder. All the reports we are getting from mini-camps say
McNair is throwing the ball like he did in 2003, lots of zip. He's
lost 20 lbs and appears poised for a big year. As a Titan fan, I
love McNair as a winner- he can carry the team on his back.
Volek is the best BACKUP in the NFL. McNair thrives on pressure,
while Peyton chokes in big games(obligatory Colts dig).
Right now, I wouldn't want Steve as my fantasy starter, even
in 2003 he wasn't a great fantasy QB. If Chris Brown stays healthy, Fisher will sit on a lead and run time off the clock by
running the ball, always has, always will. I'd take McNair as my
backup any day, everytime.


I wasn't aware that McNair had won a Super Bowl. What year was that? :-t
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 849
Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:36 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:
xbird wrote:I'm with Shader on McNair(benmn,love your legs tho)I'm a season
ticket holder. All the reports we are getting from mini-camps say
McNair is throwing the ball like he did in 2003, lots of zip. He's
lost 20 lbs and appears poised for a big year. As a Titan fan, I
love McNair as a winner- he can carry the team on his back.
Volek is the best BACKUP in the NFL. McNair thrives on pressure,
while Peyton chokes in big games(obligatory Colts dig).
Right now, I wouldn't want Steve as my fantasy starter, even
in 2003 he wasn't a great fantasy QB. If Chris Brown stays healthy, Fisher will sit on a lead and run time off the clock by
running the ball, always has, always will. I'd take McNair as my
backup any day, everytime.


I wasn't aware that McNair had won a Super Bowl. What year was that? :-t


Okay fine. Bur everyone is missing the boat here. I agree McNair may have a good year, how could I not agree, it's the beginning of the year and anything is possible. But this thread started out as an opinion from titans fans on if he was a great under valued pickup. My point, and remember people its just my opinion, is that I think he has lost something he won't regain from all the injuries he's suffered.

I hope I'm wrong, I am a huge fan. But, I have seen this same thing happen with Eddie george, he had injuries and a sub par yearand everyone said for 3 years that he would be back to old eddie form, and he never was the same. Same thing with Kurt Warner(best example), everyone waited for 2-3 years for him to shine again and he never did because the injuries just had a lasting effect. BTW my opinion is Kurt Warner sucks this year too, regardless of his team.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:
xbird wrote:I'm with Shader on McNair(benmn,love your legs tho)I'm a season
ticket holder. All the reports we are getting from mini-camps say
McNair is throwing the ball like he did in 2003, lots of zip. He's
lost 20 lbs and appears poised for a big year. As a Titan fan, I
love McNair as a winner- he can carry the team on his back.
Volek is the best BACKUP in the NFL. McNair thrives on pressure,
while Peyton chokes in big games(obligatory Colts dig).
Right now, I wouldn't want Steve as my fantasy starter, even
in 2003 he wasn't a great fantasy QB. If Chris Brown stays healthy, Fisher will sit on a lead and run time off the clock by
running the ball, always has, always will. I'd take McNair as my
backup any day, everytime.


I wasn't aware that McNair had won a Super Bowl. What year was that? :-t

he didnt say anything about a superbowl...im confused???
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shader » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:45 pm

I think the point is that McNair plays huge in big games. Even in the super bowl, he played awesome. Against the Patriots two years ago in the playoffs, he led them down the field, and than threw a beautiful pass on 4th down that if Bennett had caught, probably would have led to a Titans win. (Bennett dropped it)

Manning has choked every single time he has played a big playoff game against a good defense. (He scorched crappy defenses in Denver and KC).

In his defense, I think Manning will eventually win a super bowl when everything comes together for the Colts. (Kind of like when Favre won a super bowl). But so far, he has been a huge choker in big games.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 367
Joined: 4 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Shader » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:47 pm

benm3218 wrote:
Shader wrote:
benm3218 wrote:As I stated earlier, I live in Nashville and watch every game as well the breakdowns on the news all week following it.

I personally saw a different McNair last year even when he wasn't hurt. I saw balls fall short, sail over recievers, and go wide of them. Now as Shader will be quick to point out(and he's partially right), the recievers hold much of that blame probably...... Still he didn't seem himself to me at all. I am very afraid that he is in effect Kurt Warner of a few years ago. One year a good player, then next not 'right', but no one realises it for 2 years.....


That is absurd. McNair was hurt the entire year, so you absolutely did NOT see a different McNair last year. You saw an injured McNair. He was never healthy, he was out of shape, and his team was being ravaged by injuries.

I just can't believe that a Titans fan could get so down on someone who has done so much for the team after one injury-plagued season.



lol hahahha I am not down on him, and it has nothing to do with his past accomplishments or what he's done for the team. I just think his great days are behind him. We've seen it before, injuries can change a QB for good. It won't mean I don't respect him. I do think he HAS been the main reasons the Titan's did so well for years. I also feel he is not the same anymore, no disrespect at all.

You are a very emotional poster. You post your opinions like they are fact, and make statements without ever providing proof.....


I'm emotional and not providing proof? I'm the one who mentioned the facts that McNair is in great shape, has a new OC that protects him, has a bunch of weapons, etc.

You are the one saying that YOU THINK that he'll struggle, and that he'll be out by week 5. You have absolutely no idea, no proof and no reason for saying that. I think you are the one posting your opinions as fact, and you need to provide proof.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 367
Joined: 4 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:25 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact