Considering Moss 4th overall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Considering Moss 4th overall

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:19 am

Warpigs wrote:Something else to consider is Moss' attitude this offseason. From all the articles I could read -- it's pretty obvious that Moss is working harder than ever this offseason to be ready for a big season. He has a lot of pride at stake and could quiet a bunch of critics if he does well in Oakland. I think that this makes him somewhat more appealing overall -- not that I don't agree with the others in stating that you should trade down for Moss.

This is a good point.

Moss is one of those players that you get that sense that he believes it's always him vs the world. Although this is not the case, you get the impression that Moss performs best when he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, or if he believes he has something to prove. TO is another player like this, and we saw what he did last season when he wanted to prove something.

I get the feeling Moss really loves his situation right now. If that translates to on-field effort, and if Oakland use him as much or more than the Vikings did, then look out. A monster season is in store.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:07 am

s0meguy wrote:I am always extremely cautious on spending high picks on guys who just changed teams or lost key personal. It's too much of a gamble to spend a first rounder in my opinion. This year, I would rather have Owens because in my mind, barring injury (unlikely), he's a lock to be top 5 and probably top 2. Moss's situtation is much worse than last year, lets look at the negative aspects of his new team-

1 Culpepper is better than Collins
2 Minnesota had one of the worst defences last year, they had to throw more than Oakland will
3 Moss has to learn a new system
4 Oakland is worse than Minnesota, Moss is a crybaby and he might quit if Oakland starts losing
5 Tice throws more than Turner
6 Oakland has a stable RB, and he was recently traded for so he will get touches

1. Yes
2. Um, did you see any of Oakland's D last year? Minny improved on D this offseason...Oakland's still blows.
3. Randy, go long and catch it. Randy, catch jump ball at goal line. New system learned.
4. Moss is a crybaby anywhere he might play.
5. Norv is known for running but also for being a huge proponent of the vertical passing game. Not to mention Al Davis is the owner and vertical passes will be there no matter what.
6. Jordan is alot of things stable and proven are not those. I think he will do well but he is still somewhat of an unknown.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:09 am

VaderFin wrote:
s0meguy wrote:I am always extremely cautious on spending high picks on guys who just changed teams or lost key personal. It's too much of a gamble to spend a first rounder in my opinion. This year, I would rather have Owens because in my mind, barring injury (unlikely), he's a lock to be top 5 and probably top 2. Moss's situtation is much worse than last year, lets look at the negative aspects of his new team-

1 Culpepper is better than Collins
2 Minnesota had one of the worst defences last year, they had to throw more than Oakland will
3 Moss has to learn a new system
4 Oakland is worse than Minnesota, Moss is a crybaby and he might quit if Oakland starts losing
5 Tice throws more than Turner
6 Oakland has a stable RB, and he was recently traded for so he will get touches

1. Yes
2. Um, did you see any of Oakland's D last year? Minny improved on D this offseason...Oakland's still blows.
3. Randy, go long and catch it. Randy, catch jump ball at goal line. New system learned.
4. Moss is a crybaby anywhere he might play.
5. Norv is known for running but also for being a huge proponent of the vertical passing game. Not to mention Al Davis is the owner and vertical passes will be there no matter what.
6. Jordan is alot of things stable and proven are not those. I think he will do well but he is still somewhat of an unknown. And by your logic Moss was traded for too so he will get lots of touches.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk