Michael Clayton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Clayton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:57 pm

I like Clayton, but if you don't get him, Joey Galloway is a solid option, Gruden likes him and he is going really late in drafts.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:04 pm

Supernick wrote:i think he has the potential to be as much better or even better than Larry Fitz. actually in a dynasty league i would draft him over Larry. ;-D

I think both will be star players for their teams for years, but Fitz performed better in college (substantially so), has a weaker defensive division, and Denny Green. Green's notorious for high powered offenses, and his last young featured WR: Randy Moss.

I think Clayton will develop into a top 10 finisher year after year, but Fitzgerald could end up #1 WR overall, which I dont think Clayton will ever do.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:38 pm

I like the kid, not sure im as high on him as some are. Didnt he just have knee surgery ?
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Flockers » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:58 pm

Someone has a man-crush.

Just kidding. Clayton is going to be a stud reciever, but I wouldn't rank him over Horn or Walker just yet.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:43 pm

I have him ranked over Horn. I like his potential for many years to come. Isn't he only like 21 or 22? :-?
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:05 pm

probably, as last year was his rookie season.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:26 pm

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:I have him ranked over Horn. I like his potential for many years to come. Isn't he only like 21 or 22? :-?

That's part of the problem for me. I like to draft proven guys over guys that could succumb to sophomore slump.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:30 pm

I read in an article recently that dimmed my expectations for Michael Clayton in '05. Granted he is already a solid option after his 1st year, but for those expecting massive improvement in year 2 should temper their enthusiasm.

Out of the last 20 rookie WRs who led their class in fantasy points in their rookie season, <b>95%</b> DECLINED in their sophmore season. Granted a lot of the WRs may have dropped less than 1 ppg in their scoring, but for anyone who thinks that Clayton is poised to take a big step forward (or even a small step for that matter), history is strongly against him.

Then again 1200/8 would be a step backwards for Clayton, so this is nothing to be too worried about. Just don't expect him to breakout and become a stud.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:24 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I read in an article recently that dimmed my expectations for Michael Clayton in '05. Granted he is already a solid option after his 1st year, but for those expecting massive improvement in year 2 should temper their enthusiasm.

Out of the last 20 rookie WRs who led their class in fantasy points in their rookie season, <b>95%</b> DECLINED in their sophmore season. Granted a lot of the WRs may have dropped less than 1 ppg in their scoring, but for anyone who thinks that Clayton is poised to take a big step forward (or even a small step for that matter), history is strongly against him.

Then again 1200/8 would be a step backwards for Clayton, so this is nothing to be too worried about. Just don't expect him to breakout and become a stud.

That's an outstanding stat. 95%. I'm staying away from him if there's proven guys like Donald Driver or Darrell Jackson available.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aussieboy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:21 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I read in an article recently that dimmed my expectations for Michael Clayton in '05. Granted he is already a solid option after his 1st year, but for those expecting massive improvement in year 2 should temper their enthusiasm.

That's an outstanding stat. 95%. I'm staying away from him if there's proven guys like Donald Driver or Darrell Jackson available.

That's a solid strategy if you're looking to just make the playoffs, and not really dominate your league.

Invariably the teams that win their respective leagues and have dominant seasons are the ones whose owners took risks during the draft and selected players based on predictions and potential. Every season there is a team that looks amazing on paper based on the previous seasons numbers, quite often it is this team that struggles to maintain midtable position simply because things change. If you're in it to win it, take a risk. Mind you this strategy may also result in you totally missing the playoffs,I suppose it depends what your goals are.

Anyway, i'd like to know if it's possibly to filter that 95% stat to only include guys that put up 1200 and 8 in thier rookie season (virtually what Clayton did), and weren't injured the following season. My guess would be that those would be the guys in the 5% minority.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk