FYI on Sportsline.com - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FYI on Sportsline.com

Moderator: Football Moderators

FYI on Sportsline.com

Postby georgiadawg » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:27 am

a few weeks back I asked the Cafe about other websites besides Yahoo. The responses were pretty mixed. Well, our commish registered us on Sportsline.com last week and it is awesome. If you and the other GMs in your league are serious and looking to make the next step in Fantasy World, pay the extra coin and move to Sportsline. It's six weeks before our draft and many of us are all over this thing. There is so much information and neat little features to play with. It makes Yahoo look like preschool.

Like Vick on a busted play,
I'm gone
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:36 am

All of the articles and rankings are still available without spending the money on a team. What other features are available that are not available at fanball for 1/2 the price?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby mnheadliner » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:32 am

dream_017 wrote:All of the articles and rankings are still available without spending the money on a team. What other features are available that are not available at fanball for 1/2 the price?

agreed ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:49 am

I cant stand CBSSportsline.

Like nails across the chalkboard irritating. :-t :-[ :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:21 pm

i love sportsline for its fantasy football, NOT for its articles or rankings, it is very simple and easy to use, great for new people in the fantasy football world, the rankings are :-t , but otherwise i love it ;-D
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby georgiadawg » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:01 pm

Hmmmmm, I guess I would have to respond that no matter whose rankings or articles you read, they must be looked at with a critical eye. I have yet to look at ANY rankings in the past three years I've been playing fantasy football and thought they were dead-on target (and I read every magazine at Borders and am all over the internet). So I think it is pretty silly to blast any website or publication for their rankings - they're ALL subjectively flawed. As for the articles, again, I don't think they are any better or any worse at Sportsline.com than what you would find in any of the magazines or even here at the Cafe.

Who decides where to play fantasy football based on the rankings and the articles anyway? The interface at Sportsline is vastly superior and more interesting. If you play fantasy with close friends and your main motivation is to have FUN, then Sportsline kills Yahoo.

Like Derrek Lee's shoulder,
I'm out
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fanstarmike » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:37 pm

Here is a great fantasy football interface:

http://www.fftwelve.com/football/demo

Let me know what you think.
fanstarmike
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby skinsfan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Yahoo! revamped theirs and it is excellent. Only thing I could use is stattracker, but oh wait I watch the games from a stadium or my couch, not a computer screen.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:25 pm

I have been using CBS.SPORTSLINE for 3 years. Never had a problem with it.

But if fanball is half the price i will let my commish know.MOre $$ for the pot.

Is it really the same or better?
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:42 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:I have been using CBS.SPORTSLINE for 3 years. Never had a problem with it.

But if fanball is half the price i will let my commish know.MOre $$ for the pot.

Is it really the same or better?

I have used both and Fanball is much better to me. I had alot of problems with Sportsline, as far as not being able to log on and the live scoring was constantly going down. Mind you this was 3 years ago, so im sure they have made improvements to the site. You can sign multi year contracts with Fanball and recieve good discounts. To me i like fanball much better for the money. You get the same content as you do at Sportsline for much less $$.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk