FYI on Sportsline.com - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FYI on Sportsline.com

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:58 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:I have been using CBS.SPORTSLINE for 3 years. Never had a problem with it.

But if fanball is half the price i will let my commish know.MOre $$ for the pot.

Is it really the same or better?

I have used both and Fanball is much better to me. I had alot of problems with Sportsline, as far as not being able to log on and the live scoring was constantly going down. Mind you this was 3 years ago, so im sure they have made improvements to the site. You can sign multi year contracts with Fanball and recieve good discounts. To me i like fanball much better for the money. You get the same content as you do at Sportsline for much less $$.

thanks...anybody else

i had the log in problems too...years ago...definitely fixed

live scoring has never been a problem for me.

but if its similar...mo money mo money momoney
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:41 pm

Ah, Sportsline, with the expert commentary of Pete Prisco. :-B
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:19 am

I use Sportsline Commissioner year round for sports and haven't had a single problem the past 3 years. Live Scoring is second to none.

Best Pay = Sportsline
Best Free = Yahoo

It's whatever you're looking for.
Registered_Guest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:36 am

One thing I do like about Sportsline is the gameday live stats interface, but I found the league home page pretty pathetic. Most of my leagues are run through ESPN though, so I'm easily impressed. ;-)
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:10 pm

Ive played a league at CBS every yr - and I simply cant stand their interface. Its slow, bulky, and difficult to navigate compared to the others. I know its a matter of preference, but I just dont get it when people say their interface is better.

I could care less about a site's content.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PapaPark » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:04 am

I've used Sportsline for 3 years now and I love it. I've never used Yahoo but I have seen it and don't like it.

My question is though for those that have used Sportsline...

have you ever rcvd the draft board they say they would send if you sign up early?

3 years in a row now... never gotten a board.

The reason I continue to use sportsline is they give us a discount for repeat customer status
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Emmitt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:16 am

It's been awhile since I used sportsline, but I wasn't overly impressed with it when I did. Maybe it's improved since I was last there. (note to self: check out cbssportsline). ;-7

As for Yahoo, it's free, but IMO limited and you have to pay for live scoring, so maybe not so free. I typically have a couple insignificant leagues on there just to keep track of buddies.

MFL is pretty good, and I'm in two leagues there (keeper and dynasty). Decent draft interface for online drafting, decent in-season transaction/free agency interface.

Last year, I found xpertsports.com and have enjoyed their interface. Instead of going to separate pages for everything, they have windows that show different items....message board, rosters, draft board, news, etc... I've really come to like this functionality. And since I've won work leagues held at this site, that helps. ;-D

just my 2 cents for today.
League champion two years running on XpertSports.com (free survivor leagues and mock drafts at www.XpertSports.com)
Emmitt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk