Bears #2 WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears #2 WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:47 am

Sixxgunn wrote:It's the Bears' WR's guys....it's irrelevant!

exactly.

Its a run heavy offense and you are talking about guys who more than likely will split time as the #2.

Add to that the tougher secondaries in the NFCN this yr and the tougher nonconference games against the AFCN, and this isnt exactly fantasy worthy material we're discussing here.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:34 am

I could post about LT, TO, Moss, Manning, etc. all day but that would be boring. :-b

ANYONE who could be a #2 WR for ANY team is fantasy worthy to me.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:52 am

I'm hoping Bradley can progress sooner than expected and take the job some time this season. I drafted him late in my dynasty rookie draft based on what I saw from him in college. When he got the ball he looked like a potential number one NFL WR. Hopefully he can learn fast enough to be the starter by next season.

Anyone got any info on how he's looked in camp?
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:20 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:I'm hoping Bradley can progress sooner than expected and take the job some time this season. I drafted him late in my dynasty rookie draft based on what I saw from him in college. When he got the ball he looked like a potential number one NFL WR. Hopefully he can learn fast enough to be the starter by next season.

Anyone got any info on how he's looked in camp?

All I've heard (Bears message board, most think Brdaley pick was a reach so it is very opinionated) is that he is progressing very slowly. The most worrisome part is that they say he is having trouble catching the ball (stone hands). Could be nerves, could be total BS (since nobody is really allowed to see the first set of mini-camps). Still worth a late flier in a rookie draft I think, but I wouldn't expect much until next year.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:43 pm

Sad day at the cafe when we care who is starting at WR for the Bears.

Wake me when they get a QB.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:14 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Sad day at the cafe when we care who is starting at WR for the Bears.

Did the Chargers have a QB last year? People break out every year. Do I see this from Grossman? Not entirely. Why do people care who is the #2 WR on the Bears? Because there are leagues out there that are either deeper than 10 or 12 teams or have 20+ rounds of drafting. In the 25th round of your dynasty league would you rather draft Justin Gage (#2 WR, crappy offense) or Montiese Culton (5th, 6th WR, Colts offense)? Who do you think has a better chance of helping your team?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:01 pm

I would rather have a few #3 WRs from other teams compared to the Chicago Bear's #2.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:02 pm

I love playing in leagues against people who automatically dismiss someone because they play for a certain team. Knowledge is key in fantasy football and I enjoy watching people limit their knowledge.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Heavyg25 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:10 pm

VaderFin wrote:I love playing in leagues against people who automatically dismiss someone because they play for a certain team. Knowledge is key in fantasy football and I enjoy watching people limit their knowledge.

I totally agree. I wonder if these are the same people that wrote off san diego last year. Remember kids, friends don't let friends be Mannings.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:12 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:Sad day at the cafe when we care who is starting at WR for the Bears.

Did the Chargers have a QB last year? People break out every year. Do I see this from Grossman? Not entirely. Why do people care who is the #2 WR on the Bears? Because there are leagues out there that are either deeper than 10 or 12 teams or have 20+ rounds of drafting. In the 25th round of your dynasty league would you rather draft Justin Gage (#2 WR, crappy offense) or Montiese Culton (5th, 6th WR, Colts offense)? Who do you think has a better chance of helping your team?

HA HA!!! You did your homework coming up with that guy! I can see your point about the deeper leagues. I just never considered that because I've never gone more than 12, and Bears receivers were dredging the bottom even then. But you are absolutely right about Grossy. If this guy can manage to not hurt himself on the way to the hotdog cart, he can possibly be a stellar QB. He certainly has the attitude, and was showing some skill last year. The coaches have already remarked on how much it seems he has progressed even from last year, so who knows? More than likely, these guys will be similar to NE's or KC's receivers, spread the ball around and not make a stud out of anyone.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk