Bears #2 WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears #2 WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:35 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I love playing in leagues against people who automatically dismiss someone because they play for a certain team. Knowledge is key in fantasy football and I enjoy watching people limit their knowledge.

I totally agree. I wonder if these are the same people that wrote off san diego last year. Remember kids, friends don't let friends be Mannings.

Just like I enjoy being in leagues where people dont read situations.

I agree with you though - hopefully people arent paying attention to the #2 WR on the Bears simply because its the Bears, but rather because they are a run heavy team with a raw QB, a tough schedule and competition for the job.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:15 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I love playing in leagues against people who automatically dismiss someone because they play for a certain team. Knowledge is key in fantasy football and I enjoy watching people limit their knowledge.

I totally agree. I wonder if these are the same people that wrote off san diego last year. Remember kids, friends don't let friends be Mannings.

Just like I enjoy being in leagues where people dont read situations.

I agree with you though - hopefully people arent paying attention to the #2 WR on the Bears simply because its the Bears, but rather because they are a run heavy team with a raw QB, a tough schedule and competition for the job.

The reasons you just posted are the exact reasons I love keeping an eye on things like who the Bears #2 receiver might be. If I'm in a 20 team dynasty this is someone worth keeping an eye on. 8 team redraft? Well, probably not. Besides, as I said before it gets boring only talking about Deuce vs. James all the time.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:29 am

Your right - if you play 20 team dynasty leagues - the #2 WR on the Bears may be important - same with 40 and 50 team leagues. ;-7

But - for the vast majority of 10-12 team fantasy leagues, this isnt a fantasy worthy topic.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:50 am

I love playing in leagues where the other owners take a flyer on the potential #2 WR for the Chicago Bears.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:08 pm

I guess you guys just fail to see the point. Well, make sure you keep all your posts to the James, Moss, Owens, and other 1st and 2nd round pick discussions and don't waste your time reading anything else.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:58 pm

VaderFin wrote:I guess you guys just fail to see the point. Well, make sure you keep all your posts to the James, Moss, Owens, and other 1st and 2nd round pick discussions and don't waste your time reading anything else.

Or maybe they should play in some better leagues. I hate leagues where there are only 8 teams. Leaves little strategy to be used.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:27 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I guess you guys just fail to see the point. Well, make sure you keep all your posts to the James, Moss, Owens, and other 1st and 2nd round pick discussions and don't waste your time reading anything else.

Or maybe they should play in some better leagues. I hate leagues where there are only 8 teams. Leaves little strategy to be used.

right - because 20 team dynasty leagues are so popular and much more competitive compared to standard 10-12 team leagues.

;-7
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:08 pm

I shudder to ask, but what about the Bears third reciever? 8 catches :-? ? Over 100 yards :-? ? A TD :-b ?
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:23 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:

right - because 20 team dynasty leagues are so popular and much more competitive compared to standard 10-12 team leagues.

;-7

Don't take it to the extreme. I said eight is not enough. I say a mininum 10 for any league. I'm currently in a 12 team dynasty and it is my favorite so far. You really get to see the separation between those who know their stuff and those who don't. I would say 20 is too many but 10-16 seems just right to separate the men from the boys. With eight everybody has a good team. Maybe that's what some of these wussies like--no chance of failure.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Heavyg25 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:47 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:

;-7

20 team keeper leagues aren't very popular because it is difficult to be competive and they don't have the time or knowledge required. Just because not everyone does it, doesn't mean that it is bad. You are correct though (even though I know your "trying" to be sarcastic), 20 team leagues are more competative than 10-12 team leagues, if nothing else just by definition.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk