Who not to pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who not to pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:36 pm

skinsfan wrote:Oh yea, I passed on Priest with the 5th pick because Lewis ran for 2000yds his last full season and has jailhouse weights available. So FOX hasn't been watching too many drafts (he fell to 7th in my first league).

LOL, I have Priest ranked 2nd for a redraft. It's not like they have better weights in jail than they have in the Ravens training facility.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:29 pm

maddog60 wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Oh yea, I passed on Priest with the 5th pick because Lewis ran for 2000yds his last full season and has jailhouse weights available. So FOX hasn't been watching too many drafts (he fell to 7th in my first league).

I would love to have been drafting 6th in your league. I understand why people pass on Holmes, but his high risk high reward is far greater than any player that is a risk. His reward side is: best fantasy football player. At least in my money league his 03 he put up 373 points, and last year Alexander led all RBs with 305 points, that's a massive reward, too much not to take a shot on once LT and Alexander are gone.

Maybe I was drafting 6th in his league! Priest fell to me at 6, and I never hesitated for a second. I have been one of Priests biggest detractors for the last 2 years, but even I couldn't pass on that one. Sealing the deal with LJ in the 6th round, I'm as happy as a bug in a rug! Lucky number 6 I guess, huh?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Priest Holmes quit on his team? Yeah that's why he had 30+ carries playing on a twisted ankle last season. Get real, this author doesn't know his stuff.

I think he meant fantasy team, as he didn't play in the fantasy playoff weeks.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:52 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Priest Holmes quit on his team? Yeah that's why he had 30+ carries playing on a twisted ankle last season. Get real, this author doesn't know his stuff.

I think he meant fantasy team, as he didn't play in the fantasy playoff weeks.

No, he says he bailed on his team, not your team, or my team. He meant what he said, and should be pimp slapped for the craziness that is spewing from the evil pit he calls his mouth. Blasphemer!
Last edited by Sixxgunn on Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:I agree with almost everything in the article ;-D

Haha, I swear Mookie is my polar opposite.

Fittingly, I could not disagree more with just about every word in this article.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mnheadliner » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:02 am

I mostly agree with the article.....although I would have to say....I don't need a list to keep this stuff in mind. I haven't killed off THAT many brain cells yet......I think. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:19 am

I'm going to decline comment :-P :-t
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:24 am

Exactly. The guy couldn't even walk leading up to that game. :-t
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:10 am

I agree and disagree with this article
I'll take priest at 6 with out flinching and I will avoid price, buress and boo with out regret
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:29 am

Clearly an inflammatory article written to invoke reader response. This irresponsible juournalism, if you can call it that, may be fun to read but provides absolutely no help when formulating draft plans.

Geez, that this Bozo would even factor in draft results from drafts where Clarett and Price were chosen shows this clown didn't put much into the production of this rubbish.

That he says the Padre bailed on his team and doesn't bother to say how he came to that absurd notion is further proof of how little effort was done to compile this article.

FOX's credibility just took a huge hit.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk