Who not to pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who not to pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:25 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Oh yea, I passed on Priest with the 5th pick because Lewis ran for 2000yds his last full season and has jailhouse weights available. So FOX hasn't been watching too many drafts (he fell to 7th in my first league).

LOL, I have Priest ranked 2nd for a redraft. It's not like they have better weights in jail than they have in the Ravens training facility.

I'm sure he had some decent workout equipment in jail. I'd be more worried about his lack of nutrition and the inability to take supplements while he's in there. Of course he wasn't in there very long, so I doubt it will be that big of a deal. I took him 6th overall. ;-)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:12 pm

Yeah, this was a pretty bad one.. :-t
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:56 pm

moochman wrote:Clearly an inflammatory article written to invoke reader response. This irresponsible juournalism, if you can call it that, may be fun to read but provides absolutely no help when formulating draft plans.

Geez, that this Bozo would even factor in draft results from drafts where Clarett and Price were chosen shows this clown didn't put much into the production of this rubbish.

That he says the Padre bailed on his team and doesn't bother to say how he came to that absurd notion is further proof of how little effort was done to compile this article.

FOX's credibility just took a huge hit.

couldnt agree more mooch.

The part that really got me was his use of stats from McNabbs injury plagued, pre-TO years as proof that he will decline.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:17 pm

Half the people on this board could have probably written a better article. It really does make you wonder how some of these people get their jobs.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chchelse » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:53 am

Tiki Barber was on my "don't draft" list last year. There was no way I was ever going to take him. Then he started sliding and finally became such a value that I had to grab him (I got him in the 8th round, believe it or not). He ended up making my season for me, after Q. Griffin and T. Henry ended up being busts. The point being: no one is ever undraftable. At a certain point their value outweighs the risks and they become an attractive option.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby beefcurtain » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:10 pm

moochman wrote:Clearly an inflammatory article written to invoke reader response. This irresponsible juournalism, if you can call it that, may be fun to read but provides absolutely no help when formulating draft plans.

Geez, that this Bozo would even factor in draft results from drafts where Clarett and Price were chosen shows this clown didn't put much into the production of this rubbish.

That he says the Padre bailed on his team and doesn't bother to say how he came to that absurd notion is further proof of how little effort was done to compile this article.

FOX's credibility just took a huge hit.

Irresponsible journalism? It's just a fantasy football article, dude. There's supposed to write stuff to get discussion going. I don't agree with many of the assessments, but it's not like they're completely off the wall arguments.
beefcurtain
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:31 pm

With the exceptions of Donovan McNabb and Priest Holmes, this list is like "... really? No kidding?"
How much of an an "expert" do you have to be to say pass on Chris Brown? Or Muhammad in Chicago?
Jeez Louise.

And how could anyone have McNabb and Holmes on a "do not draft" list?
I'd like to see a league where these 2 guys make it past the 1st or early 2nd round.

Hope my league has these 2 guys sitting there that late.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:40 pm

chchelse wrote:Tiki Barber was on my "don't draft" list last year. There was no way I was ever going to take him. Then he started sliding and finally became such a value that I had to grab him (I got him in the 8th round, believe it or not).

That's exactly what happened in my draft last year. I decided going in to stay out of the "Thunder & Lightning" situation, but Tiki fell so far he became a great value & I snatched him up. You should never cross a player completely off the list before going into a draft.

...except Plaxico. Screw that guy. :-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

good article

Postby ryguy80 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:20 pm

I actually agreed with most of the statements in there. Have to take it in context, its telling you not to take priest cause youll waste a third or fourth overall pick and he just isnt worth the risk. And saying mcnabb is a good early pick is crazy. Lots of qbs i would rather have. How many times has he hurt himself, sure he stays playing like mcnair but becomes ineffective. And his #1 reciever is always a question, who knows if he even wants to play, could san fran all over again.
ryguy80
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:35 pm

McNabb is being drafted too high in most leagues, I would rather wait to the middle rounds and get Bulger, T Green, K Collins, Brees or Tom Brady. If TO doesnt play this year, McNabb is in trouble. Westbrook becomes his #1 target, his WRs are a joke. Pinkston, a rookie and a 2nd year unproven player. He needs TO to put up last years numbers.

DD is worthy of 2nd rd pick, especially in points for catches leagues.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk