Ricky has his weight back on... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky has his weight back on...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:44 am

Keyser_WV wrote:Ricky would have been a top 3 pick last year and I see him returning to his old form with no problems.

Fanasy wise it is risk/reward because he will miss the first 5 games of the season including Miami's bye week so that only leaves him available for 9 fantasy regular season games in most formats.

It really depends on how Brown performs in those first 4 games. If he struggles I bet Ricky will take the load and probably take some fantasy owners who grabbed him to the playoffs.

If Brown does well it could be RBBC.

I would take him in round 6 if he was still there just because of the reward factor.

Keeper/Dynasty maybe earlier.

i disagree, his value takes a hit in dynasty and keeper leagues as it is obvious he isn't the future in miami and other teams may be wary of signing or trading for him after what happened last year.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:22 am

Amazing what getting off the lettuce will do for you.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gnu314 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:10 pm

I've been seeing him go in the 10th round+ in 10 team leagues. I'm seriously considering taking him if hes still there after 10.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:26 pm

Ricky was projected to go about 8th or 9th last year after Holmes, LT, Alexander, Ahman, Deuce, Portis, Edge and perhaps Jamal.

It must be difficult HAVING to eat Mickey D's Big Mac's constantly to put the LBs back on. :-D

I'll probably grab Ricky in the 9th or 10th at the latest if he's still there.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:42 pm

Azrael wrote:It must be difficult HAVING to eat Mickey D's Big Mac's constantly to put the LBs back on.

He is a vegan so goodness knows what he has been eating to gain weight. Bread I guess :-?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:48 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Amazing what getting off the lettuce will do for you.

Or other plants, weeds, vegatation in general.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:15 am

I'd be willing to grab him as a #4 RB if he was still around at that point. I'd definitely be tempted to take him over someone like Kevan Barlow, who will probably go around the same time. Ricky could just wind up being a lot of dead weight, but the reward is definitely there.

(In spite of my pic, I'm actually quite impartial on this one. :-D )
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tanner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:28 am

there's alot of risk/reward with Ricky..

Brown couldn't beat out Caddy Williams at Auburn, never carried more than 175 times in college..if he can't beat out Cadillac Williams, he isn't beating out Ricky Williams , either..

he probably realizes he'll likely be traded next season...and teams like GB, Jax, Cleveland, NYJ, NYG, Pitt could use a little halp at the RB spot...it could me a huge payday for Williams somewhere else in 2006..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pdub » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:51 am

tanner wrote:there's alot of risk/reward with Ricky..

Brown couldn't beat out Caddy Williams at Auburn, never carried more than 175 times in college..if he can't beat out Cadillac Williams, he isn't beating out Ricky Williams , either..

immediatley after brown was drafted a miami rep was asked about ricky coming back and the rep (can't remember who it was) quickly stated his desire to see ricky back with the team. i think miami purposely drafted a talented player (brown) who can play off of another talented player (ricky/caddy), but could probably carry the load himself if the whole ricky experiment didn't work out.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yianni2112 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:14 am

Miami running back Ricky Williams primarily lost so much of his weight because of a drastic change in his diet. The workhorse running back became vegetarian which led to a dramatic drop in his body weight from his prior playing days. “I wouldn’t eat a chicken,” Williams says, “if it dropped dead in front of me holding up a sign that said, ‘Eat Me.’”

Little did Ricky know that the chicken had him on his fantasy team and the sign was not in regards to food but a direct message for the pot-head. 'Eat Me' !!!
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk