Return to Football Talk

Henry to Jacksonville ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry to Jacksonville ???

Postby poye » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:42 pm

http://www.billsinsider.com/index.php?P ... 20afa85221

Latest Henry Rumors

Friday, July 08, 2005 - 08:19 PM

The latest word on Buffalo RB Travis Henry is that he will be traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars and that the deal is all but done. The Bills would be recieving a 3rd round draft choice in next years NFL draft and there could designated production benchmarks that, if met, could turn it into a 2nd round pick. If there is a hangup on the deal, it will be based on the conditions needed to transform it from a 3rd to a 2nd rounder. Henry is expected to take a physical in Jacksonville sometime next week, which he will pass, and it shouldn't be long after that the deal is made official.

The Tennessee Titans are also in the mix (and recently the Vikings have been added in the rumors), but at this point it looks as if Jacksonville is more willing to meet Tom Donahoe's demands.
Let s do it
poye
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:30 pm

so what does this mean? Does the value of henry skyrocket?? will there be a RBBC in jacksonville? Anyone have any insight?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:33 pm

I'm not familiar with how reputable BBI is but if this is true, I'd cautiously rank Henry around 19 until we see if he'll get snubbed at the stripe or not.

EDIT: Jacksonville is probably very scared about the future of Taylor. If he's not ready to go until the season, Henry could easily take his job.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:35 pm

Nice!!! I had heard the rumors of the conditional pick slowing up the process. Hopefully they come to agreement.

It apppears Jacksonville did not like what they saw out of Taylor who I believe was scheduled to start cutting etc... recently.

I picked Henry up off waivers last year and plan on putting the Taylor owner against the wall on this one }:-)
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:59 pm

I'll wait until I get an official word before I jump for joy, but this is huge news for Henry owners. My faith in Freddy is fading by the minute. In my book, Henry would become a 4th-5th round pick immediately.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:05 pm

Well if this happens, I can see a slight RBBC until Freddy gets dinged up again. So basically we are only lookin at the preseason here. Henry should be a solid choice in rounds 4 or 5.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:32 pm

There's gonna be a RBBC if Henry goes to Jax. He might split carries with Taylor while Greg Jones steals all the goalline carries.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:33 pm

Jones switched to fullback this year. I dont see why Henry would not get goaline carries.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:45 pm

I see no reason why Henry would get pulled at the goalline so long as he's the primary back.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:51 pm

Henry is durable, and strong enough, to be able to handle goaline carries if he's the starter IMO ;-D Taylor loses job before week 5 :-t
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk