Henry to Jacksonville ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to Jacksonville ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:46 pm

I traded a guy in one of my Dynasties. got Henry for Taylor. LOL
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:05 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:I traded a guy in one of my Dynasties. got Henry for Taylor. LOL

Send that guy over to one of my leagues, will ya?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Really eh? Excuse me while I go trade Dominick Rhodes for Edge ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:50 pm

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:Henry is durable, and strong enough, to be able to handle goaline carries if he's the starter IMO ;-D Taylor loses job before week 5 :-t

Travis Henry can't hold a healthy Fred Taylor's jock. Taylor is easily the most underrated RB in the NFL...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby defianthart » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:55 pm

picked up henry in the 12th round of one of my keeper leagues, that pick is looking better and better every week
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby s0meguy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:52 pm

If he goes to Jax I see Taylor getting the bulk (15-20 carries) and Henry getting spot duty to rest Taylor in an effort to keep him healthy, something like 5-10 carries. Then again, there is a good chance that Taylor gets hurt, in which case I think Henry would be a full time back.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:56 pm

s0meguy wrote:If he goes to Jax I see Taylor getting the bulk (15-20 carries) and Henry getting spot duty to rest Taylor in an effort to keep him healthy, something like 5-10 carries. Then again, there is a good chance that Taylor gets hurt, in which case I think Henry would be a full time back.

IMO the only reason Jacksonville brings in Henry is because Taylor is going to miss significant time due to his current injury.

Toefield/Pearman/Jones/Fu are all perfectly capable of providing spot duty or 5-10 carries.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:02 am

The thing is, none of us do or will know what the situation will be in Jacksonville until closer to the season. If your league is one that drafts closer to the season (which is best in my opinion anyway), then it's a matter of waiting patiently until more news comes out -- remember that nothing is official until Henry has plopped his John Hancock on a contract of some sort and until we know more about Taylor's injury status.

In other words, patience my young paduan learners. Patience. ;-D
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:36 am

Jacksonville Jaguars Coach Jack Del Rio might be getting a little nervous about his running game. The reason? No one seems to be saying anything about starting running back Fred Taylor's health.

In recent weeks, Taylor has said team officials lied when they said he had arthroscopic surgery on his knee in January. Instead, he said, he had major surgery to repair ligament damage.

Taylor said he hopes to be ready for the start of the season. But the rehab from the surgery would seem to mean Taylor won't be 100 percent when training camp starts in about a month.

So, does that mean the Jags have an interest in the Buffalo Bills' Travis Henry, who is expendable because of the emergence of Willis McGahee?

The Jags say no, but Tennessee GM Floyd Reese seems to believe otherwise. The Titans also are interested in Henry.

"It sounds like [Taylor] just started [testing his knee], and [the Jags] are going to wait and see where he ends up," Reese told The Tennessean of Nashville. "I think, in Buffalo's situation, they can certainly wait and see what happens there, too. They have a fall back, which would be us, and now it is a matter of getting something else."

The Bills want a third-rounder for Henry, who has averaged 962.3 yards per season in his four-year career, but the Titans aren't willing to give up a third-rounder.

"They can just sit and wait, and I don't know how long they are going to be willing to wait," Reese said of the Bills.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... s-football

He will be traded it is just a matter of when.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:43 am

Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk