Henry to Jacksonville ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to Jacksonville ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Heavyg25 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:01 am

I have a keeper draft tomorow. So would you all suggest I try to pick up Henry? I am in a 20 team keeper league. I wish I knew what the draft order was but I am hoping for either the first 2 picks or the last few picks. If it is the first couple picks, I will look for him possibly in the 3rd round, depending on how fast the backs go wich should be right away. if I am near the back I will probably look in the 2nd. Do you guys think that is too much of a reach?
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:06 am

Despite conflicting reports, ESPN.com believes the Titans, not the Jaguars, are the favorites to acquire Travis Henry shortly.

Trade talks are heating up. Jacksonville reportedly has worked out a long-term extension for Henry, which would seem to give them an edge. Tennessee, however, has finally offered a ''solid'' third-round pick, which the Jaguars may not have. Henry's fantasy owners can expect a deal shortly, and should hope the Titans close the deal. Jul. 15 - 11:33 am et

and the plot thickens
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:33 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=2108553

Well, this article seems to wrap things up a bit. I would imagine that Seattle would be more in the mix had there been more suitors for Alexander, but that does not appear to be the case. In any event, Henry's value, from a fantasy perspective, lwould most definately be greater in JAX, where he could be a stud in the absence of Taylor. Either way, it will be good to see this get done soon.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:09 pm

I think that Henry ends up in Tenn. Del Rio seems to like what he seen in workouts the other day. There is also a video of Taylor working out on the front page of the Jaguars site. He looks pretty good to me.

http://thecommish.tv/Articles/Data/e99w27cxe3768b.asp

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:27 pm

I don't think Henry is a quality fantasy starter no matter where he goes, Brown and Taylor are both better than him and he would only be a viable option if one of them went down (that's likely). Taylor has injury problems right now, but once he is healthy again he will stake claim to the starting spot in Jacksonville.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:58 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I don't think Henry is a quality fantasy starter no matter where he goes, Brown and Taylor are both better than him and he would only be a viable option if one of them went down (that's likely). Taylor has injury problems right now, but once he is healthy again he will stake claim to the starting spot in Jacksonville.

Taylor is better than Henry...this I agree with. In fact, you could put most backs in the league on the Jags and Taylor would be better - he is simply an outstanding runningback when healthy.

Brown is better than Henry...I don't think so. Brown was essentialy the team's fallout player for the middle part of the season when McNair when down. He did a good job, but IMO no better than most other RBs that would have been put into that very same situation in TEN.

What does this all mean: If both backs are healthy (Taylor and Brown), then Henry would be a backup to Taylor, and the starter over Brown IMO. The the very least Henry and Brown would split time if both were healthy. That being said, Taylor is a bigger injury risk right now, and that (coupled with his age) make JAX a better destination at the present time.

Cheese, tell me you wouldn't have wanted Henry as a no.2 or 3 back in 2002 and 2003... just because your loyalties lie with Willis doesnt mean Henry isnt a capable starter (NFL or fantasy team).

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:02 pm

I never said Henry isn't a quality starter, I said that he won't be if he goes to one of these destinations because he would be a backup, meaning that I don't think someone should spend a high draft pick on him and expect him to start this season.

You feel me Wade-O?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:33 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I never said Henry isn't a quality starter, I said that he won't be if he goes to one of these destinations because he would be a backup, meaning that I don't think someone should spend a high draft pick on him and expect him to start this season.

You feel me Wade-O?

these teams aren't going to trade a 3rd round pick and give henry a big contract to be a backup.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:19 pm

They will if the incumbent is healthy and better than Henry.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:22 pm

Vick 4 Mayor wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I never said Henry isn't a quality starter, I said that he won't be if he goes to one of these destinations because he would be a backup, meaning that I don't think someone should spend a high draft pick on him and expect him to start this season.

You feel me Wade-O?

these teams aren't going to trade a 3rd round pick and give henry a big contract to be a backup.

You might be right with regards to Tennessee, but Taylor is aging fast.... I could very easily see Jacksonville giving Henry a big contract to back-up Henry for a year, with an eye on replacing him in '06....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk