Henry to Jacksonville ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to Jacksonville ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:33 pm

bigGAME101 wrote:
Brown is better than Henry...I don't think so. Brown was essentialy the team's fallout player

are you serious? Brown led ALL RUNNING BACKS in yards per carry last year. He was very good when he was healthy. I think Henry is a very good running back, but to say Brown was a "fallout player" is rediculous. Tennessee has been wanting to start Brown for the last 2 years. The only real knock on him (and it's a big one) is his health.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:22 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
bigGAME101 wrote:
Brown is better than Henry...I don't think so. Brown was essentialy the team's fallout player

are you serious? Brown led ALL RUNNING BACKS in yards per carry last year. He was very good when he was healthy. I think Henry is a very good running back, but to say Brown was a "fallout player" is rediculous. Tennessee has been wanting to start Brown for the last 2 years. The only real knock on him (and it's a big one) is his health.

I understand that Brown led all starting RBs in ypc. And in no way did I allude to him as being a less than adequate RB. Note the rest of the paragraph where I also said Brown was very good when healthy. That is not the argument here. When I say he was the team's fallout, I mean they didn't have many more offensive weapons. When you focus an offense around one guy (as in the case of LT, Portis, Jamal, etc.), they have more opportunities to succeed. This doesn't mean they are worse RBs than under normal conditions, it simply means they have more opportunities, and therefore better stats. When I look at Brown and Henry I come to one conclusion: Given the same amount of carries, in the same system, with the same offensive cast, Henry would be the better RB. With Taylor, there is no argument, Henry would be a backup.

BTW Beans: I feel you dogg.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:51 pm

Taylor is still in his twenties, even if it be later twenties. People somettimes don't realize that he's still under thirty ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:29 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Vick 4 Mayor wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I never said Henry isn't a quality starter, I said that he won't be if he goes to one of these destinations because he would be a backup, meaning that I don't think someone should spend a high draft pick on him and expect him to start this season.

You feel me Wade-O?

these teams aren't going to trade a 3rd round pick and give henry a big contract to be a backup.

You might be right with regards to Tennessee, but Taylor is aging fast.... I could very easily see Jacksonville giving Henry a big contract to back-up Henry for a year, with an eye on replacing him in '06....

Spot on Plindsey. And with Freddy, it's not the age, it's the mileage and the toll it's taken on him. I've seen Del Rio say several times that a RB the caliber of Henry for a 3rd pick is good value.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:08 pm

Nope. To Tennessee.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk