Who will start: Suggs or Droughns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will start: Suggs or Droughns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will start: Suggs or Droughns?

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:27 pm

In my opinion Suggs is definetly the better RB. After coming back from his injury last year he had a nice finish to the season. Droughns definetly overachieved last year and benefited greatly from Denver's offensive system. Suggs should and probably will start, but will he make it through an entire season without injury?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:38 pm

RBBC according to the the coaching staff.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:47 pm

I wouldn't go near anybody on cleveland for FF this year. But the early outlook looks like Suggs will be the top guy.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:52 pm

I concur that Suggs should get the most carries...

But in Cleveland that may just be by one more than Droughns.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:08 pm

I wouldn't go anywhere near this situation. My answer...nobody is going to be a starter. You'll see some Suggs, some Droughns and some Green. I see little reason why anyone of these guys will emerge and become a solid starter given his situation. Suggs can't stay healthy, Droughns has never suceeded outside of Denver and Green is pretty much out of chances. Cleveland hasn't had a 1,000 yard back since 1985 (Kevin Mack, Ernest Byner) so why start now? I would expect Suggs to put up the best numbers of the bunch, but that's not saying much. I'd expect 800 yards 6 touchdowns out of Suggs if he gets the bulk of the carries.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Who will start: Suggs or Droughns?

Postby Warpigs » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:05 am

steelerfan04 wrote:In my opinion Suggs is definetly the better RB. After coming back from his injury last year he had a nice finish to the season. Droughns definetly overachieved last year and benefited greatly from Denver's offensive system. Suggs should and probably will start, but will he make it through an entire season without injury?

While I agree with you on Suggs being the better talent and the guy who SHOULD get teh bulk of the carries -- remember that Cleveland still decided to bring Droughns in. They had their reasons for this -- and those reasons can't be good ones in terms of Suggs and the starting gig. My guess is some sort of RBBC -- but even if it wasn't, the Cleveland offense situation is probably the hardest to predict out of all 32 teams. I'd stay away from this mess if at all possible.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby A2theIzzo » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:28 am

Id say its a little in favor of Suggs side right now.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:05 am

I dont think there will RBBC. I think Crennel brought in Droughns to make sure he had depth in the backfield and could establish a running game so he can bring in a young QB and have a strong running game for the kid to fall back on while developing. I think Suggs will turn out to be a surprise #3 RB for teams in a lot of leagues. I think he wins the full-time starting job, with Droughns spelling him, and pushing him, while William Green makes it more obvious why just about everything from the prevoious era of the team needs to go.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:41 am

maddog60 wrote:I dont think there will RBBC. I think Crennel brought in Droughns to make sure he had depth in the backfield and could establish a running game so he can bring in a young QB and have a strong running game for the kid to fall back on while developing. I think Suggs will turn out to be a surprise #3 RB for teams in a lot of leagues. I think he wins the full-time starting job, with Droughns spelling him, and pushing him, while William Green makes it more obvious why just about everything from the prevoious era of the team needs to go.

He brought Reuben in to add power to the run game. They needed a bull to get short yardage so they got him. Suggs will see first and 10s, 2nd and longs and passing downs. Droughns will get the 2nd, 3rd and shorts and the goal line carries.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Heavyg25 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:58 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I wouldn't go anywhere near this situation. My answer...nobody is going to be a starter. You'll see some Suggs, some Droughns and some Green. I see little reason why anyone of these guys will emerge and become a solid starter given his situation. Suggs can't stay healthy, Droughns has never suceeded outside of Denver and Green is pretty much out of chances. Cleveland hasn't had a 1,000 yard back since 1985 (Kevin Mack, Ernest Byner) so why start now? I would expect Suggs to put up the best numbers of the bunch, but that's not saying much. I'd expect 800 yards 6 touchdowns out of Suggs if he gets the bulk of the carries.

I don't see Crennel being a RBBC coach, besides it didn't work in Cleveland last year so why would it work this year? If Suggs is finally given the opportunity to play a full season, I think he will not disappoint.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk