Who will start: Suggs or Droughns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will start: Suggs or Droughns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:09 pm

Kensat, I think you are misunderstanding my point. Like you quoted, I've conceded that I didn't get to see much of Droughns last year. I'll ignore the fact that game observations are inheritly subjective for the time being, as opposed to statistics.

I'm made no claim that Droughns doesn't try to be a power runner. I'm claiming, he cannot succeed in Cleveland as a power RB. He's too small to handle it without the superior run-blocking of the Denver offensive line. That is my claim. That is why I claim he was not brought in as a short yardage RB, because it is highly unlikely he will have success with that running style.

I hope that clears things up a bit.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Ladies, ladies...

Back to the lecture at hand...
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby koffeeboy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:14 pm

If Droughns was so good, then why didn't he cut the bread with Detroit when they had him and where in desperate search for a RB? I know he had the injury bug, but... c'mon. James Stewart???

It took him to get behind that wonderful line and scheme in Denver to become a legit back.

IMO, those expecting big things from RD will be severly let down.[/u]
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:53 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I respect knowledgable opinions, but when someone comes out and admits they have little first hand evidence and are basing their argument almost entirely upon statistics...
---
The simple fact is that Droughns was a battering ram last season. You can't deny that unless you didn't watch a Denver game last season. That's why Droughns tailed off at the end of the season and Tatum Bell was eased into the picture. Droughns got worn down quick because he liked to lower his shoulder and take on defenders.

This argument had nothing to do with Suggs being more talented and well rounded than Droughns (which I whole-heartedly agree with) and that's when the tempers started to flare. One guy speculated that Droughns was brought in to play the role of short yardage power guy because that is the type of runner he was when he was in Denver. Then another poster comes out of the woodwork to compare ypc, o-line, etc. when it's obvious to anyone with 2 eyes who watched the game that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

There's no use Kensat. I've beaten the horse to death but he still doesn't get it. 8-o
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk