Schedule Analysis Rankings... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Schedule Analysis Rankings...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schedule Analysis Rankings...

Postby Warpigs » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:28 am

I thought an article in this year's Fantasy Football Weekly that compares teams in terms of schedules in weeks 1-4 and 14-17 was interesting. They rank teams in groups of five as far as those against the easiest schedules (running, passing, overall points) and hardest schedules. Here are the results -- Would love your comments...

FIRST FOUR GAMES

Easiest Schedules

Vs. The Run: 1. Cardinals (NYG, STL, SEA, SF); 2. Rams (SF, ARI, TEN, NYG); 3. Bengals (CLE, MIN, CHI, HOU); 4. Giants (ARI, NO, SD, STL); 4. Browns (CIN, GB, IND, Bye)

Vs. The Pass: 1. Eagles (ATL, SF, OAK, KC); 2. Ravens (Ind, TEN, Bye, NYJ); 3. Steelers (TEN, HOU, NE, bye); 4. Browns (CIN, GB, IND, bye); 5. Cowboys (SD, WAS, SF, OAK).

Toughest Schedules

Vs. The Run: 1. Dolphins (DEN, NYJ, CAR, bye); 2. Patriots (OAK, CAR, PIT, SD); 3. Raiders (NE, KC, PHI, DAL); 4. Texans (BUF, PIT, bye, CIN); 5. Chiefs (NYJ, OAK, DEN, PHI).

Vs. The Pass: 1. Texans (BUF, PIT, bye, CIN); 2. Packers (DET, CLE, TB, CAR); 3. Dolphins (DEN, NYJ, CAR, bye); 4. Chargers (DAL, DEN, NYG, NE); 5. Titans (PIT, BAL, STL, IND).

LAST FOUR GAMES

Easiest Schedules

Vs. The Run: 1. Titans (HOU, SEA, MIA, JAC); 2. Redskins (ARI, DAL, NYG, PHI); 3. Eagles (NYG, STL, ARI, WAS); 4. Falcons (NO, CHI, TB, CAR); 5. Steelers (CHI, MIN, CLE, DET).

Vs. The Pass: 1. Seahawks (SF, TEN, IND, GB); 2. Jaguars (IND, SF, HOU, TEN); 3. Dolphins (SD, NYJ, TEN, NE); 4. Buccaneers (CAR, NE, ATL, NO); 5. Rams (MIN, PHI, SF, DAL).

Toughest Schedules

Vs. The Run: 1. Dolphins (SD, NYJ, TEN, NE); 2. Broncos (BAL, BUF, OAK, SD); 3. Bills (NE, DEN, CIN, NYJ); 4. Bears (PIT, ATL, GB, MIN); 5. Giants (PHI, KC, WAS, OAK).

Vs. The Pass: 1. Patriots (BUF, TB, NYJ, MIA); 2. Raiders (NYJ, CLE, DEN, NYG); 3. Eagles (NYG, STL, ARI, WAS); 4. Vikings (STL, PIT, BAL, CHI); 5. Bills (NE, DEN, CIN, NYJ).
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:44 am

I don't believe in that strength of schedule stuff. There are so many teams that change from one year to the next in terms of being good defenses. I mean who thought the Skins and Bills would be top 5 at the beginning of last season?
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:30 am

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:I don't believe in that strength of schedule stuff. There are so many teams that change from one year to the next in terms of being good defenses. I mean who thought the Skins and Bills would be top 5 at the beginning of last season?

Its not an exact science, and you cannot rely on last yrs final rankings, but ignoring schedule and who they play is a mistake.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fx495232 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:31 am

i look at matchups from week to week to determine maybe who starts for me, but not usually as a drafting tool.
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:49 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:I don't believe in that strength of schedule stuff. There are so many teams that change from one year to the next in terms of being good defenses. I mean who thought the Skins and Bills would be top 5 at the beginning of last season?

Its not an exact science, and you cannot rely on last yrs final rankings, but ignoring schedule and who they play is a mistake.

Many people avoided Rudi Johnson simply due to his schedule last year. He ended the year as a top10 RB... Schedule should weigh as a factor in making draft choices, but a relatively small one IMO. Situation and talent are much more important..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:21 pm

For the easiest last four games...where are

Detroit (GB, Cincy, NO, Pit) - Pittsburgh isn't a walk in the park but weeks 14, 15, 16...what really count...are.

and

Seattle (SF, Ten, Indy, GB)

Nice resource, thanks.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:54 pm

I think that when you are dealing with studs (picks in the first few rounds) schedule makes absolutely no difference. If that was the case, J Jones wouldn't be drafted until the 5th round because he has to face the Eagles and Skins twice.

I think it only applies to your late selections--those more likely to score in games against bad teams. But a good player like a Moss or Holmes is going to go off every game no matter what.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk